3.95 / 172 - T7 with $$?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jaesonko

3.95 / 172 - T7 with $$?

Postby jaesonko » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:14 pm

Hey ya'll,

I'm trying to decide if its overly neurotic to retake the LSATs. I figure my current scores are good enough to get into the top 7 schools, but I'm not entirely sure how much $$ I should be expecting. I'm certainly in no economic position to afford sticker price at any university but would obviously like to avoid retaking if possible. Would retaking and scoring a few points higher be that significant in terms of how much cash I'll end up getting? Is that a good chance at Chicago with $100,000+?!

Thanks!

elterrible78

Re: 3.95 / 172 - T7 with $$?

Postby elterrible78 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:18 pm

jaesonko wrote:Hey ya'll,

I'm trying to decide if its overly neurotic to retake the LSATs. I figure my current scores are good enough to get into the top 7 schools, but I'm not entirely sure how much $$ I should be expecting. I'm certainly in no economic position to afford sticker price at any university but would obviously like to avoid retaking if possible. Would retaking and scoring a few points higher be that significant in terms of how much cash I'll end up getting? Is that a good chance at Chicago with $100,000+?!

Thanks!

I'm not sure a retake is going to do you much good with a 172, to be honest with you. You're already at or above the median for most schools, and your GPA is stellar. You're going to be pretty happy with your scholarship offers, I suspect. I'm not sure $100,000 at Chi is a great bet, but I know people reasonably similar situations who have pulled it off. Regardless, you're going to have some great options.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:31 pm

If you retook for 175+, you would be in a strong position for full ride named scholarships at Chicago, Columbia, NYU, and Penn.

As it stands, you're probably in the half-scholly range at CCN, with full tuition scholarships available at DCN. You also have a great shot at Harvard and Stanford, but you've disposed of sticker so I guess they're out.

paglababa

Postby paglababa » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:34 pm

jbagelboy wrote:If you retook for 175+, you would be in a strong position for full ride named scholarships at Chicago, Columbia, NYU, and Penn.

As it stands, you're probably in the half-scholly range at CCN, with full tuition scholarships available at DCN. You also have a great shot at Harvard and Stanford, but you've disposed of sticker so I guess they're out.

This. I've been browsing all of TLS for this data and it seems to be the consensus. That 175+ puts you in contention for Hamilton ect. As others have pointed out you can get big $$$ at some of the lower schools. There are also various scholarships one can apply for/interview for once invited. I suggest you search t14 scholarships to find that thread.

thewaves

Postby thewaves » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:11 am

paglababa wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:If you retook for 175+, you would be in a strong position for full ride named scholarships at Chicago, Columbia, NYU, and Penn.

This. I've been browsing all of TLS for this data and it seems to be the consensus. That 175+ puts you in contention for Hamilton ect. As others have pointed out you can get big $$$ at some of the lower schools. There are also various scholarships one can apply for/interview for once invited. I suggest you search t14 scholarships to find that thread.

Any idea what numbers are needed for a shot at scholarships for NYU?

Return to “What are my chances?”