162/162/165/3.27 Retake? Attempt transfer?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
logical seasoning

Re: 162/162/165/3.27 Retake? Attempt transfer?

Postby logical seasoning » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:54 pm

california2013 wrote:
Criteslaw wrote:
PepperJack wrote:You might want to consider taking tylenol PM's the night before or drinking a little alcohol/puffing if that is legal in your state of residency.

If you tried sleeping medicine, and it still did not help you should probably see a psychiatrist about anxiety issues preventing you from sleeping. This is different than general insomnia (if it is only before the LSAT), and means you need help coping with anxiety as this would almost certainly also happen before 1L finals.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking of doing. Thinking about taking this route with the retake. I tried sleeping pills, I was thinking alcohol as well haha

can you take the test in June ?

The test in June is in the afternoon.

Yup. Also, use your 144 IQ to figure out how to sleep before the test.

twenty

Postby twenty » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:43 am

I'm slightly unsure of what goals you're trying to reach from law school. If you're at a F500, you're probably working non-stop for money your friends are salivating over, but you feel like you're putting in way too much time to justify. Biglaw is that times three. On the other hand, if you feel like you'd be pretty down with being a prosecutor in a fly-over state you have connections to, I don't think there's any reason you shouldn't/couldn't go to law school on a full ride.

TLS tends to think the world is biglaw or bust; which is a worthwhile venture due to the absolute bucketload law school costs now. That said, a lot of T1s will give you a full ride with your numbers, and if you can commute from home and save money that way, all the better. If you're cool with the very real possibility of not being an attorney when you graduate (even less a biglaw guy/federal clerk/etc.) then hey.

Criteslaw

Postby Criteslaw » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:59 pm

twentypercentmore wrote:I'm slightly unsure of what goals you're trying to reach from law school. If you're at a F500, you're probably working non-stop for money your friends are salivating over, but you feel like you're putting in way too much time to justify. Biglaw is that times three. On the other hand, if you feel like you'd be pretty down with being a prosecutor in a fly-over state you have connections to, I don't think there's any reason you shouldn't/couldn't go to law school on a full ride.

TLS tends to think the world is biglaw or bust; which is a worthwhile venture due to the absolute bucketload law school costs now. That said, a lot of T1s will give you a full ride with your numbers, and if you can commute from home and save money that way, all the better. If you're cool with the very real possibility of not being an attorney when you graduate (even less a biglaw guy/federal clerk/etc.) then hey.

My workload right now isn't bad and I am ready to take on a significant increase but I don't think I am making money that is causing many other graduates from decent schools to salivate. I am making 55K living in downtown Chicago. 55K seems like an OK starting salary, but COL certainly plays a large factor there. I think that a large earnings potential increase is certainly part of my goals. I wouldn't say I have my heart set on BigLaw or Federal clerkship (I would love to do BigLaw don't get me wrong). I guess I have this possibly mistaken idea that in the long-run, I will be able to make far more as a lawyer than in Supply Chain.

Criteslaw

Postby Criteslaw » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:03 pm

logical seasoning wrote:
california2013 wrote:
Criteslaw wrote:
PepperJack wrote:You might want to consider taking tylenol PM's the night before or drinking a little alcohol/puffing if that is legal in your state of residency.

If you tried sleeping medicine, and it still did not help you should probably see a psychiatrist about anxiety issues preventing you from sleeping. This is different than general insomnia (if it is only before the LSAT), and means you need help coping with anxiety as this would almost certainly also happen before 1L finals.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking of doing. Thinking about taking this route with the retake. I tried sleeping pills, I was thinking alcohol as well haha

can you take the test in June ?

The test in June is in the afternoon.

Yup. Also, use your 144 IQ to figure out how to sleep before the test.

I'm busy trying to revive this dead horse you guys keep beating...

Postby 20141023 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:45 pm

Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:23 pm

I know I've been here long enough to not be surprised by the replies ITT, but seriously dudes.

OP is obviously a little off-base but hardly on the same level of self-aggrandization of the typical on-topic insufferability you're recalling Reg. The bandwagon snideness ITT is pretty stupid. This ain't middle school; it's TLS, and we're at least somewhat sensible some of the time here. Jeez.

Return to “What are my chances?”