3.31/170 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
monsterman

Bronze

3.31/170

Post by monsterman » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:26 pm

I'm applying early decision to Northwestern with a 3.31 and a 170. I also got a priority track invite from Duke, though there doesn't seem to be a general consesus on the value of that. I have two years of work experience.

Can anyone relate to my scores and chances at Northwestern and Duke in particular and the lower T14 schools in general?

jbagelboy

Diamond

Re: 3.31/170

Post by jbagelboy » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:32 pm

You will get deferred from ED to RD at northwestern, and probably admitted in the spring.

Duke PT this early is probably a good sign.

GPA is a little low for Cornell, but its possible. Definitely in at Georgetown, possible at UVA, unlikely but not impossible at Penn, Michigan, and NYU; out at HYSCC.

monsterman

Bronze

Post by monsterman » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:40 pm

Thanks!

Do you think it is more beneficial to apply ED to a higher ranked school other than NU? I was applying there mostly because of the scholarship they grant to ED admits.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:49 pm

monsterman wrote:Thanks!

Do you think it is more beneficial to apply ED to a higher ranked school other than NU? I was applying there mostly because of the scholarship they grant to ED admits.
it's precisely because of the scholarship that you are precluded from it. It's designed to draw CCN admits. Still, they will take you RD.

If you were going to ED, I would ED Penn, and then ED UVA. However, since the scholarship was your aim, I'm assuming you are not endowed with tremendous family largesse - hence, you might want to wait and see where the $ comes in rather than immediately go for early decision.

monsterman

Bronze

Post by monsterman » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:47 pm

jbagelboy wrote:

it's precisely because of the scholarship that you are precluded from it. It's designed to draw CCN admits. Still, they will take you RD.

If you were going to ED, I would ED Penn, and then ED UVA. However, since the scholarship was your aim, I'm assuming you are not endowed with tremendous family largesse - hence, you might want to wait and see where the $ comes in rather than immediately go for early decision.

Good point. But while the scholarship money is a concern, I don't want to ruin my chances at a T14 by deciding not to ED anywhere.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:02 pm

monsterman wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

Good point. But while the scholarship money is a concern, I don't want to ruin my chances at a T14 by deciding not to ED anywhere.
I think from this cycle until that dubious and distant future point at which the number and quality of LSAT exam takers begins to increase again, a 170/3.0+ is guaranteed admission to at least one T14.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”