3.5/ 153, 164 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Charlestonsfb60

New

3.5/ 153, 164

Post by Charlestonsfb60 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:50 pm

So I took the lsat 2 years ago without studying because I was young and dumb. Just studied my tail off for October and got a 164 which was my average on PTs. Planning to apply to georgia state with in state tuition and hopefully a good deal of money. Plus zero COL because I would live at home. My question is if I would have a shot at a higher ranked school like Vandy or any of T14? I am perfectly content with ga state and minimizing debt but would just like to know if I should roll the dice with a more prestigious school and exhaust my options.

Typing on iPhone so sorry if post is a bit scattered
P.s. fcs football player, captain, all conference, lots of community volunteer work... Don't know if that helps at all

Thanks!

tpfennin

New

Re: 3.5/ 153, 164

Post by tpfennin » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:47 pm

Decent shot most places ranked under 25 according to myLSN.... but not the best dataset as there were not a whole lot of applicants reporting with your approx. #s.

Good Luck!

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:45 pm

Congrats on the retake: 11 pts is good improvement.

Nevertheless, Hard truth: you're not getting Vandy with those numbers. You would need a 167 to be competitive, and a 168 to have a strong chance.

UGA in-state tuition with 0 CoL is actually a good deal (not georgia state, University of Georgia). You may get a little extra money there too. In your market: I would apply to UGA, Emory, and UNC, with Vanderbilt, GWU, WUSTL, and UT as reaches, and Georgia state as a backup - its definitely not as strong a school.

You could also get BC/Bu and Fordham and maybe USC, but without ties and at near sticker all of these would be bad options for you

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:54 pm

jbagelboy wrote:Congrats on the retake: 11 pts is good improvement.

Nevertheless, Hard truth: you're not getting Vandy with those numbers. You would need a 167 to be competitive, and a 168 to have a strong chance.

UGA in-state tuition with 0 CoL is actually a good deal (not georgia state, University of Georgia). You may get a little extra money there too. In your market: I would apply to UGA, Emory, and UNC, with Vanderbilt, GWU, WUSTL, and UT as reaches, and Georgia state as a backup - its definitely not as strong a school.

You could also get BC/Bu and Fordham and maybe USC, but without ties and at near sticker all of these would be bad options for you
Agree with most of this, but UT and WUSTL certainly aren't going to place well in GA. I wouldn't advise looking out of state with those numbers.

Retake if you want a shot at a T14 or Vandy.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:10 pm

BigZuck wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:Congrats on the retake: 11 pts is good improvement.

Agree with most of this, but UT and WUSTL certainly aren't going to place well in GA. I wouldn't advise looking out of state with those numbers.

Retake if you want a shot at a T14 or Vandy.
Yea, probably not GA proper, but for the south more generally, or at least the middle-south (not Atlantic south), I think both schools hold some clout. I cant speak to exactly how well connected major southern metropolese are to regional law schools in adjacent states, but its gotta be better than coming from ASU or University of Washington.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”