4.0 / 165 ED Chicago Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
map93

New

4.0 / 165 ED Chicago

Post by map93 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:14 am

I'm applying early decision to the University of Chicago. I was rather underwhelmed by my LSAT score, and I'm really not sure what my odds of getting into Chicago are. Please help me out.

-I have a 4.0 GPA, 165 LSAT
-BA with honors in Near Eastern Studies, Linguistics, minor in Persian Language
-2 Critical Language Scholarships (nationally competitive scholarship for intensive language study overseas; through US Department of State)
-Pretty much every academic honor available at the large state school I attended as an undergraduate
-Advanced proficiency in Persian and Urdu, and lots of the sort of diverse experiences in which Chicago seems to be so interested
-In spite of my less than incredible score, I've been offered a job teaching LSAT prep classes (pretty much the only work experience I'll have)

-And I expect to receive a Fulbright next year, but that's not particularly relevant as I won't know for certain until the spring

If I write an engaging personal statement and receive excellent recommendations, how likely is it that I'll be admitted to Chicago? I'm extremely excited about the prospect of going there, and I wish I'd been able to go as an undergraduate! Thanks for your time!

snagglepuss

Gold

Re: 4.0 / 165 ED Chicago

Post by snagglepuss » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:22 am

This.
map93 wrote: I have a 4.0 GPA, 165 LSAT
+ This
map93 wrote: I've been offered a job teaching LSAT prep classes
= year off, study, retake, get work experience, travel, et cetera
Then apply next year to HYSCCN with an improved score and excellent CCN scholarship chances.

Return to “What are my chances?”