Foreign degrees

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
J_E

Foreign degrees

Postby J_E » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:38 am

Hi everyone,

I'm an American citizen, currently 24, and I moved to The Netherlands at age 18. I studied the language for half a year and then applied to the University of Amsterdam, where I earned a degree in Scandinavian languages and linguistics and Dutch law (in total 2 bachelors and 1 LLM, because you cannot be practicing law in The Netherlands without an LLM). The LLM I earned at Utrecht University, because it ranked higher. Unfortunately, the first few years my GPA wasn't outstanding because I lacked the same language skills as my fellow students. During the first 3 years, when I was studying Scandinavian languages and cultures and linguistics, it was also extremely difficult for me to get good grades because we needed to translate a lot. It's safe to say that I took a very difficult task upon myself.

However, during the last few years my grades improved and I finished my LLM "cum laude", 4.0 and in the Dutch system above an 8 average. I took the LSATs once and got a 171. I was wondering if I have any shot at the T14 schools.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Return to “What are my chances?”