Way low 2.66/146, looking for some advice

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2196
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Way low 2.66/146, looking for some advice

Postby jingosaur » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:15 pm

Your "plan" should have involved applying yourself in college and studying hard for the LSAT.

To answer OP's question, at least one Cali ABA law school will take you because they are desparate for more matriculants and will be glad to take your money. There are also a lot of non-accredited California law schools that would probably take you. However, you should probably not go to law school.

User avatar
prezidentv8
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am

Re: Way low 2.66/146, looking for some advice

Postby prezidentv8 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:10 pm

Summon Campos

deebanger
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:40 pm

Re: Way low 2.66/146, looking for some advice

Postby deebanger » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:51 pm

TheWeeIceMon wrote:No guys, you don't understand, he has a "plan."


plan b? i think op is female

User avatar
Dr.Zer0
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: Way low 2.66/146, looking for some advice

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:59 pm

.
Last edited by Dr.Zer0 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

california2013
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Way low 2.66/146, looking for some advice

Postby california2013 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:22 pm

iloveturtles wrote:I have a 2.66 and I recently just took the October LSAT without much practice just to see what I would get and received a 146. I know both are pretty low, but at least I know where I am at. My ultimate goal is to get into a T3-4 law school in California (cause I'm in California), what do you think my chances are currently?

I have roughly a little over a month until December LSAT and I am willing to commit as many hours as possible to raise my LSAT score. Can anyone give me any rough estimates of how high I need to raise my LSAT before I can be considered by any schools?


go to people college of law . it is cheap.

http://www.peoplescollegeoflaw.edu/

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Way low 2.66/146, looking for some advice

Postby phillywc » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:30 pm

PCOL is TCR in this situation.

User avatar
sopranorleone
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Way low 2.66/146, looking for some advice

Postby sopranorleone » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:38 pm

phillywc wrote:PCOL is TCR in this situation.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Way low 2.66/146, looking for some advice

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:39 pm

sopranorleone wrote:
phillywc wrote:PCOL is TCR in this situation.

User avatar
hephaestus
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Re: Way low 2.66/146, looking for some advice

Postby hephaestus » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:39 pm

sopranorleone wrote:
phillywc wrote:PCOL is TCR in this situation.

+1

User avatar
PepperJack
Posts: 646
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: Way low 2.66/146, looking for some advice

Postby PepperJack » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:27 pm

You will need a 155, but the transfer plan won't work because these schools will still disqualify you from the elite schools even if you 1 out of 300.

Statistically, you are substantially better off as a paralegal if you must work in law. You'll have a better income, less debt and can just tell wo/men you work in law. You're not subject to the BAR for misleading statements as a paralegal.

california2013
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Way low 2.66/146, looking for some advice

Postby california2013 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:36 pm

PepperJack wrote:You will need a 155, but the transfer plan won't work because these schools will still disqualify you from the elite schools even if you 1 out of 300.

Statistically, you are substantially better off as a paralegal if you must work in law. You'll have a better income, less debt and can just tell wo/men you work in law. You're not subject to the BAR for misleading statements as a paralegal.


OP want to be lawyer NOT paralegal.

If OP want less debt then OP can go to people law school.

It would cost about 5 K per year plus living expenses.

http://www.peoplescollegeoflaw.edu/
Last edited by california2013 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Way low 2.66/146, looking for some advice

Postby midwest17 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:51 pm

Please tell me I'm not the only one getting suspicious?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=218901

User avatar
MistakenGenius
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:18 pm

Post removed.

Postby MistakenGenius » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:14 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

gatorchomps
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:30 pm

Re: Way low 2.66/146, looking for some advice

Postby gatorchomps » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:40 pm

midwest17 wrote:Please tell me I'm not the only one getting suspicious?

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=218901


:lol:

Nope, I was wondering that, too...

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Way low 2.66/146, looking for some advice

Postby cinephile » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:42 pm

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:
sopranorleone wrote:
phillywc wrote:PCOL is TCR in this situation.


And I think it's open enrollment. So, no need to retake anything.

gatorchomps
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:30 pm

Re: Way low 2.66/146, looking for some advice

Postby gatorchomps » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:42 pm

california2013 wrote:
iloveturtles wrote:I have a 2.66 and I recently just took the October LSAT without much practice just to see what I would get and received a 146. I know both are pretty low, but at least I know where I am at. My ultimate goal is to get into a T3-4 law school in California (cause I'm in California), what do you think my chances are currently?

I have roughly a little over a month until December LSAT and I am willing to commit as many hours as possible to raise my LSAT score. Can anyone give me any rough estimates of how high I need to raise my LSAT before I can be considered by any schools?


go to people college of law . it is cheap.

http://www.peoplescollegeoflaw.edu/


Someone needs to start a thread for that school in the Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists board...ha, ha!




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pantsuitchic and 2 guests