Chances at T14 full rides Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Gucci Mane

Bronze

Chances at T14 full rides

Post by Gucci Mane » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:19 pm

GPA: 3.95-4.00 range
LSAT: 176
Average work experience, few softs.

What are my chances at full rides? I am especially interested in T6 schools, but I would take full ride from any of the T14 sans Georgetown or Cornell. I am not interested in going to law school without getting at least a six-figure scholarship.

-Would it be stupid to apply ED to NU? I figure I would be basically guaranteed big money, which is very tempting. I don't want to be forced to turn down money from other schools though, if I get it.

-What are my chances at full scholarships from T6? Would it be very likely I receive at least one from NYU/Columbia/Chicago, or are they very competitive even with high lsat/gpa numbers? What about from Michigan/UVA?

-Should I even bother applying to Harvard, Stanford, or Yale? From what I understand they give no merit-based financial aid. I have no interest in government or public interest work either.

This is not a brag thread! I would really appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

Kellanj

New

Re: Chances at T14 full rides

Post by Kellanj » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:24 pm

MYLSN has 61% of chicago admits with similar numbers getting 120,000. I'm guessing you'll probably get a full ride or close to it from one of CCN

cotiger

Gold

Post by cotiger » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:32 pm

Kellanj wrote:MYLSN has 61% of chicago admits with similar numbers getting 120,000. I'm guessing you'll probably get a full ride or close to it from one of CCN
61% reported getting money. Of those, the average grant was $120k. Slight difference, but significant.

Gucci Mane

Bronze

Post by Gucci Mane » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:36 pm

Thanks. Do soft factors play a bigger role in scholarship decisions than in admissions decisions? Because I feel like most people with comparable numbers to mine would have really stellar softs, but I basically have nothing, which I guess is what separates the 61% who got money from the 39% who didn't.

cotiger

Gold

Post by cotiger » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:44 pm

Gucci Mane wrote:Thanks. Do soft factors play a bigger role in scholarship decisions than in admissions decisions? Because I feel like most people with comparable numbers to mine would have really stellar softs, but I basically have nothing, which I guess is what separates the 61% who got money from the 39% who didn't.
Softs do come into play for scholarships, especially once you're over both 75ths.

It's unlikely that those 39% of people would not have received scholarships. Many do not list them on LSN. Others do not update them. There's also the difference between the people who aggressively negotiate to the last day and the people who stop altogether one they get that YHS acceptance.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:47 pm

You are in great Hamilton territory. Theoretically that's the largest scholarship that exists in the T14 (something like $166,000 now). Probably the perfect outcome for you.

Yes, softs will matter and where you went to undergrad. But you're definitely strong in the running.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”