3.78/166. Do I even bother with T10 schools?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
SupCutie

3.78/166. Do I even bother with T10 schools?

Postby SupCutie » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:39 pm

I am not a URM, I have basically no softs (bunch of meh things that can fill a resume), average letter of recs, took the LSAT 3 times (166, cancel because of flu, 166). I was a transfer student who did significantly better at the previous institution (3.9 vs 3.64).

I am applying for sure to:
-Cornell
-Georgetown
-UCLA
-Duke
-Northwestern

Not applying to:
-HYSCCN
-USC for dumb, irrational personal reasons

I've been playing around with MyLSN/lawschoolnumbers and the results are truly horrific. Should I even bother throwing an app at Berkeley, Penn, Michigan, UVA? I'd love to go to any of the schools I'm applying to, do I have a good shot at atleast one?

Dr.Zer0

Re: 3.78/166. Do I even bother with T10 schools?

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:45 pm

Last edited by Dr.Zer0 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

SupCutie

Postby SupCutie » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:02 pm

Dr.Zer0 wrote:Why not U$C? Are you a UCLA alumn or USC reject you for UG? If you can get few waivers, I suggest you apply to more schools than you have on your list. With the continuing drop in apps, who knows how your cycle will turn out.

Parents both UCLA alums, grew up a UCLA fan. Went to UG at one of SC's rivals not named UCLA or Notre Dame. All of my ex's where things ended poorly go to USC. But most of my ire is because in highschool, they lost my application and neglected to tell me until April of my graduating year.

mvpforme

Postby mvpforme » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:08 pm

SupCutie wrote:
Dr.Zer0 wrote:Why not U$C? Are you a UCLA alumn or USC reject you for UG? If you can get few waivers, I suggest you apply to more schools than you have on your list. With the continuing drop in apps, who knows how your cycle will turn out.

Parents both UCLA alums, grew up a UCLA fan. Went to UG at one of SC's rivals not named UCLA or Notre Dame. All of my ex's where things ended poorly go to USC. But most of my ire is because in highschool, they lost my application and neglected to tell me until April of my graduating year.

:roll: Wonderful reasons. At least use your admission/scholarship for leverage.

SupCutie

Postby SupCutie » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:14 pm

mvpforme wrote:
SupCutie wrote:

:roll: Wonderful reasons. At least use your admission/scholarship for leverage.

I know. They are "dumb, irrational personal reasons", but who isn't occasionally swayed by dumb, irrational personal reasons?

But yeah when you put it that way, I'll change my stance and apply there.

cotiger

Postby cotiger » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:01 pm

SupCutie wrote:I know. They are "dumb, irrational personal reasons", but who isn't occasionally swayed by dumb, irrational personal reasons?

But yeah when you put it that way, I'll change my stance and apply there.

Seriously. At the very least, think of it as getting back at them by raising their acceptance rate.

Assuming you're aiming for T14 or CA: apply to Mich + DNCG + UCLA/USC + Vandy/WUSTL. You could YOLO Berk if you wanted.

Return to “What are my chances?”