3.49/172 Military Officer

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
USMarineLaw

3.49/172 Military Officer

Postby USMarineLaw » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:54 pm

Ladies and Gents,

First off, thank you to everyone that's posted useful study information on this forum; I couldn't have done it without you.

I'm an Active Duty Marine Officer, applying this cycle. I have 1 tour to OEF, currently an O-2, and might pick up O-3 by my end of service next year (don't know if that matters). I'm stationed in the US right now.

I'd like to see what you think my chances are within the T-14, but I'm also interested in anything T-25 and above on the East Coast. Primary schools I'm thinking are Duke, UVA, GULC, GWU, Vandy.

My GPA freshman year was low, after that I received academic honors every semester. Should I include an addendum? I over-reached on campus and was in a major I didn't like. Posted GPA is as listed on LSAC.

Thoughts?

JazzOne

Re: 3.49/172 Military Officer

Postby JazzOne » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:56 pm

USMarineLaw wrote:Ladies and Gents,

First off, thank you to everyone that's posted useful study information on this forum; I couldn't have done it without you.

I'm an Active Duty Marine Officer, applying this cycle. I have 1 tour to OEF, currently an O-2, and might pick up O-3 by my end of service next year (don't know if that matters). I'm stationed in the US right now.

I'd like to see what you think my chances are within the T-14, but I'm also interested in anything T-25 and above on the East Coast. Primary schools I'm thinking are Duke, UVA, GULC, GWU, Vandy.

My GPA freshman year was low, after that I received academic honors every semester. Should I include an addendum? I over-reached on campus and was in a major I didn't like. Posted GPA is as listed on LSAC.

Thoughts?

Looks like a solid application. An addendum can't hurt. The only question is, retake?

Ramius

Postby Ramius » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:00 pm

You're looking solid for ccn and below. H rarely reaches that low for a gpa, but you wouldn't be crazy to throw them an app considering the military officer soft. Really polish your app and make it shine. You also don't need a gpa addendum.

Retake is definitely worth considering if you want HLS.

USMarineLaw

Postby USMarineLaw » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:06 pm

Retake won't be possible, I'll be in the field most of the time between now and the next LSAT, including on the December date.

172 was my target score, and Duke/UVA/GULC are my target areas, so I'm happy with my scores if you guys think that'll get me in. Any shot with H/Penn/CCN?

I appreciate the confidence, just got my score today and wasn't sure until just now if I'd be celebrating or drinking in silence this weekend.

Any possibility of $$ in the T-14?

USMarineLaw

Postby USMarineLaw » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:48 pm

Thanks Jazzone and matthewsean. I checked MyLSN, looks pretty from UVA down, probably reaching for CCN but worth a shot.

Return to “What are my chances?”