3rd LSAT, huge difference in score, what to do!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Yazzzay

3rd LSAT, huge difference in score, what to do!

Postby Yazzzay » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:09 pm

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, please redirect me if so!

Anyways I applied last year, having taken the LSACT twice, each time I studied less than a month, didn't take it seriously unfortunately, and got scores of 150 and 152, not at all what I was hoping for, needless to say.

I'm reapplying this year with a GPA of 3.3, and retaking the LSAT in December. This time I've been studying for 2 months and already am hitting in the mid 160s consistently, which I never did last year when practicing. I think in the next month I can definitely raise it near 170, and hope to go into the test and get around 165, maybe better.

My main question is, are the first two LSAT scores going to be really unattractive and detrimental to all the schools I apply to? I don't really know how to explain why I just didn't work as hard as I should have and how all of a sudden I managed to get a much better score.

I know some schools average so obviously no chance there, but I was thinking of schools along the line of Fordham, BC, UMaryland, etc. Just wondering if I need to reevaluate thanks to the old scores, or if I can still aim relatively high?

Thanks a lot!

Nova

Re: 3rd LSAT, huge difference in score, what to do!

Postby Nova » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:14 pm

Only the highest score matters at all the schools you would be competitive for the a 3.3/16X

IpleadtheFiF

Re: 3rd LSAT, huge difference in score, what to do!

Postby IpleadtheFiF » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:50 pm

Since you mentioned Fordham...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=217165

Return to “What are my chances?”