3.2 GPA/ 156 practice LSAT- chances in Texas

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Re: 3.2 GPA/ 156 practice LSAT- chances in Texas

Postby timbs4339 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:00 pm

You seem to say that you are getting an MBA for a soft, but then that you have independent reasons outside of law school application for getting it. Which one of those, or is it both? If you are thinking that once you get into law school biglaw will hire you just based on the strength of the MBA, or that MBA+JD is a backdoor into finance/consulting, then you need to think a little bit harder about whether you would want to commit to the legal profession on the very good chance that those things don't happen.

Get a JD if you want to be a lawyer and only if you'd be happy as a government lawyer, public defender, or small or medium town litigator, because there is large chance those will the job opportunities you have coming out of UT. Think long and hard about why you want to do biglaw. Have you worked in finance? Do you know what "corporate law" is, or are you mostly going off of TV/movies? Can you tell me something I might not know about any practice area in "corporate law?"

Re: 3.2 GPA/ 156 practice LSAT- chances in Texas

Postby jbagelboy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:24 am

JazzOne wrote:I'd be worried about making long-term life "deals" with someone I'm not married to. Your SO pursued her own academic ambitions without you. Who's to say she won't take the best residency regardless of what that means for your academic goals? I would even argue that she SHOULD take the best residency available to her rather than catering to your law school goals since law school is frequently a horrible, horrible financial decision.

Also, I attended UT, and I don't think UT is worth in-state sticker price. I attended on a full tuition scholarship, and I still think I paid too much. Law school in general offers a very poor return on your investment.

There's the resounding affirmation I've been looking for

Return to “What are my chances?”