Predict $, if any, from the following schools?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
billables247

Predict $, if any, from the following schools?

Postby billables247 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:33 pm

Last edited by billables247 on Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnonymousAlterEgoC

Re: Predict $, if any, from the following schools?

Postby AnonymousAlterEgoC » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:19 am

http://mylsn.info/kiflbb

Trust the numbers. You may have a slightly better outlook if applications are down.

Redfactor

Postby Redfactor » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:23 am

Predicting money from T-14 is much harder than predicting your odds of being admitted.

It's not uncommon to see a school like Columbia give the same amount or even more money as the lower T-14. Sometimes it's just really hit-or-miss. If they feel like they're cutting it close with their medians, you can come in off the waitlist with pretty decent money.

But if I had to take a guess, I would say you're looking at 90k GULC, 60k from Duke and UMich and WL -> 45k from NYU. Just work the system, negotiate the awards up, and pick one that is financially responsible and can realistically place you where you want to end up.

Good luck and don't bury yourself in debt, because with your scores it isn't necessary.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:11 am

I think that's a little ambitious. Still below all the gpa medians, talking about 45 to nyu is a bit much here me thinks.

jrthor10

Postby jrthor10 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:37 am

Redfactor wrote:But if I had to take a guess, I would say you're looking at 90k GULC, 60k from Duke and UMich and WL -> 45k from NYU. Just work the system, negotiate the awards up, and pick one that is financially responsible and can realistically place you where you want to end up.

This is not correct. I don't know where you got these #'s from, but these are high based on the last few cycles.

I would say closer to 50 for Duke and UMich

You may get that much at GULC or you may get nothing...much more likely the latter than the former, in my opinion, just based on GULC's stinginess.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:19 pm

No chance in hell at the reaches IMO. But YOLO

Return to “What are my chances?”