3.728 GPA/158 LSAT (Awaiting retake results) at DC Schools

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
crisgcia
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:13 am

3.728 GPA/158 LSAT (Awaiting retake results) at DC Schools

Postby crisgcia » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:06 am

I'm really aiming for the top DC three: Georgetown, GW, and American. What are my chances considering that I'm a female Hispanic with strong softs from a Tier 1 school?

Other relevant info:

Dropped two courses with W's during sophomore year, but had an upward trend academically and finished off final semester (including a lot of upper level coursework) with a 4.0 in all classes.

What DC schools should I really be looking at?

Steveloblaw
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: 3.728 GPA/158 LSAT (Awaiting retake results) at DC Schools

Postby Steveloblaw » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:08 am

I'll be the first to say it - Retake. Do not waste that GPA. Georgetown is really the only law school in DC worth attending, and a 158 isn't going to get you there. Retake the LSAT for a 167+ and you'll have a good shot

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: 3.728 GPA/158 LSAT (Awaiting retake results) at DC Schools

Postby Nova » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:41 am

2/3 American grads never become lawyers, so don't go there no matter what.

You'll need a higher lsat to get enough scholarship money to justify attending gw/gulc

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: 3.728 GPA/158 LSAT (Awaiting retake results) at DC Schools

Postby jk148706 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:52 am

Steveloblaw wrote:I'll be the first to say it - Retake. Do not waste that GPA. Georgetown is really the only law school in DC worth attending, and a 158 isn't going to get you there. Retake the LSAT for a 167+ and you'll have a good shot


GW not worth attending? Under employment score of 7% http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=gw

Granted, not the best employment numbers, but not the worst either. With the right amount of $, I think GW is definitely worth it.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: 3.728 GPA/158 LSAT (Awaiting retake results) at DC Schools

Postby Nova » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:01 pm

jk148706 wrote:
Steveloblaw wrote:I'll be the first to say it - Retake. Do not waste that GPA. Georgetown is really the only law school in DC worth attending, and a 158 isn't going to get you there. Retake the LSAT for a 167+ and you'll have a good shot


GW not worth attending? Under employment score of 7% http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=gw

Granted, not the best employment numbers, but not the worst either. With the right amount of $, I think GW is definitely worth it.

If not big law or bust, yeah.

Ti Malice
Posts: 1955
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:55 am

Re: 3.728 GPA/158 LSAT (Awaiting retake results) at DC Schools

Postby Ti Malice » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:19 pm

Why American, OP? Just because it's in DC? American is the biggest sucker's bet among law schools, with employment outcomes worse than most TTTs/TTTTs.

Steveloblaw
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: 3.728 GPA/158 LSAT (Awaiting retake results) at DC Schools

Postby Steveloblaw » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:21 am

GW just also significantly increased their class size, so competition in the DC market for GW grads will be tougher than ever. Even as a URM, OP's LSAT isn't going to get him/her a significant enough scholly to make GW a worthwhile investment

crisgcia
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:13 am

Re: 3.728 GPA/158 LSAT (Awaiting retake results) at DC Schools

Postby crisgcia » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:41 pm

Ti Malice wrote:Why American, OP? Just because it's in DC? American is the biggest sucker's bet among law schools, with employment outcomes worse than most TTTs/TTTTs.



It's more of a geographic reason than anything. I know it's not the best, but due to personal circumstances, I've gotta stay in the area.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: 3.728 GPA/158 LSAT (Awaiting retake results) at DC Schools

Postby Nova » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:47 pm

Well, don't go to american.

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: 3.728 GPA/158 LSAT (Awaiting retake results) at DC Schools

Postby AT9 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:32 pm

Substitute George Mason for American. Employment stats aren't great, but they're better.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests