Female MA URM, 3.7 GPA with a 170 LSAT?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
swagset

Female MA URM, 3.7 GPA with a 170 LSAT?

Postby swagset » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:42 am

Just found this site, looks like there's a load of good info on here.

I'm taking the LSAT in December (as I'm a junior). Practice tests are showing around 170 (a few 172s, some 173s) consistently right now, and I don't think my GPA should be budging lower than a 3.7 if it does in fact go down (which it really, really shouldn't). I'm currently attending a nicely-ranked private liberal arts school, majoring Philosophy and Writing.

What would my chances look like regarding T14 schools? Not sure if there's any money in there, but it's been the dream. I'm not sure if my minority status would especially help out in any respect as I'm not AA, but I figured it'd be good to mention.

Brettanomyces

Re: Female MA URM, 3.7 GPA with a 170 LSAT?

Postby Brettanomyces » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:45 am

Solid chances from H on down. Even more solid if you can improve by a couple of points from here to December.

swagset

Postby swagset » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:00 am

Brettanomyces wrote:Solid chances from H on down. Even more solid if you can improve by a couple of points from here to December.

Ah, that's...shocking. Figured I'd be able to get into something, though the idea of getting into a T6 never really crossed my mind. Is it more the URM status that's pushing that over my GPA and (potential) score? I'll definitely be hitting the books to (hopefully) pull some good results, in any case, and decide what I'm doing from there.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Brettanomyces

Postby Brettanomyces » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:15 am

swagset wrote:
Brettanomyces wrote:Solid chances from H on down. Even more solid if you can improve by a couple of points from here to December.

Ah, that's...shocking. Figured I'd be able to get into something, though the idea of getting into a T6 never really crossed my mind. Is it more the URM status that's pushing that over my GPA and (potential) score? I'll definitely be hitting the books to (hopefully) pull some good results, in any case, and decide what I'm doing from there.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Yep. The URM bump should be significant enough for you to be a lock for the T6. Keep your GPA up and improve your score if you know you can, and you'll have a great cycle.

Ohiobumpkin

Postby Ohiobumpkin » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:53 am

Enjoy Yale.

twenty

Postby twenty » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:54 pm

Come back in December once you have a real LSAT score. That said, if you get where you're PTing around, you should be in at H and S.

Return to “What are my chances?”