3.35/170

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
mccllln2

3.35/170

Postby mccllln2 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:52 pm

I could really use some advice. I've got decent soft factors but nothing spectacular, 2 years WE, one of which was in thailand. I'm planning on applying to the T4-14 as well as texas, ucla, usc, emory, GW, washington (state), fordham and BU. I really want to get into big law in a major urban market, ideally NYC or in california. How should I exercise my early decision applications? Can I apply to more than one school ED or is that illegal or something? Columbia/NYU/Berkeley are my dream schools but I'm wondering if I should use my ED on a more likely option like Penn/UVA/GULC. Also am I killing my scholarship chances by using ED? The money is not necessarily a deal breaker but its a relevant factor. I'm feeling a little lost haha, please weigh in and don't pull any punches.

SemperLegal

Re: 3.35/170

Postby SemperLegal » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:58 pm

mccllln2 wrote:I could really use some advice. I've got decent soft factors but nothing spectacular, 2 years WE, one of which was in thailand. I'm planning on applying to the T4-14 as well as texas, ucla, usc, emory, GW, washington (state), fordham and BU. I really want to get into big law in a major urban market, ideally NYC or in california. How should I exercise my early decision applications? Can I apply to more than one school ED or is that illegal or something? Columbia/NYU/Berkeley are my dream schools but I'm wondering if I should use my ED on a more likely option like Penn/UVA/GULC. Also am I killing my scholarship chances by using ED? The money is not necessarily a deal breaker but its a relevant factor. I'm feeling a little lost haha, please weigh in and don't pull any punches.

Assuming they are still doing the auto scholly, I would ED to Chi town. You have just enough WE, they don't mind low GPAs, and they do either "great" or "good" in most major markets

mccllln2

Postby mccllln2 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:05 am

hypothetically what would happen if I applied ED to more than one school and was accepted to more than one? or does LSAC not let you do that?

SemperLegal

Postby SemperLegal » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:16 pm

mccllln2 wrote:hypothetically what would happen if I applied ED to more than one school and was accepted to more than one? or does LSAC not let you do that?

The schools find out (LSAC collects and circulates this data) and your application gets pulled for the year. Also, its not the best idea to start a career that centers on candor and ethics by lying and unethically entering into contracts that you have no intention to keep.

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:26 pm

OP won't get the full ride at NU. ED Penn, maybe.

mccllln2

Postby mccllln2 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:28 pm

SemperLegal wrote:
mccllln2 wrote:hypothetically what would happen if I applied ED to more than one school and was accepted to more than one? or does LSAC not let you do that?

The schools find out (LSAC collects and circulates this data) and your application gets pulled for the year. Also, its not the best idea to start a career that centers on candor and ethics by lying and unethically entering into contracts that you have no intention to keep.

Okay I definitely won't do that then. I'm not looking to cheat, I'm just making sure I have a solid grasp on the rules of the game. Would I be completely wasting my time applying to Columbia or NYU ED? Also with t14, other than UVA, Cornell, and Duke, will I hear back from my ED school in time to get another one in before the deadline if I submit my application in early september of next year?

I forgot to mention that, I'm not applying until next fall but i'm leaving the country for a year soon so I'm trying to make a plan now while i still have reliable internet connection.

Return to “What are my chances?”