2.5/165... try not to make me feel supper crappy

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
hairbear7

Re: 2.5/165... try not to make me feel supper crappy

Postby hairbear7 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:25 pm

jenjen1234 wrote:This post is seriously overdue. I knew the people on TLS were extremely brutal and often quick to judge with utmost cruelty towards others. For anyone in a similar situation that reads this thread in the future, I just want you to know that the individuals on here typically have no idea what they are talking about. I ended up getting into a tier 4 law school with some scholarship money and I did very well my first year, ranking in the top 5%. I transferred to the top 10 school of my dreams, and am proud of my decision to stick it through. Contrary to the often baseless input of many TLSers, success is easy to achieve if you really want it. Do not let people lower your esteem or tell you what you can not do. Only you know your capabilities. Take everything these people say with a grain of salt and pursue your dreams.

LOL. Are you serious? Would you really advise someone to go to a tier 4 school with the expectation of killing 1L and transferring?

jenjen1234

Postby jenjen1234 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:28 pm

Honestly, yes I would. It was not that hard. As you can see from the original post, I did poorly in undergrad because I lacked dedication my first two years. I knew I would do well in law school if I got in because I knew my capabilities. I believe that numbers alone are not necessarily a good indication of how people will do in law school and a number of factors must be taken into consideration. If an individual knows that, despite their past mistakes, they are capable of handling the rigors of law school and are willing to put forth the effort required, then yes, they should pursue their law degree.

Anderson1

Postby Anderson1 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:55 pm

jenjen1234 wrote:Honestly, yes I would. It was not that hard. As you can see from the original post, I did poorly in undergrad because I lacked dedication my first two years. I knew I would do well in law school if I got in because I knew my capabilities. I believe that numbers alone are not necessarily a good indication of how people will do in law school and a number of factors must be taken into consideration. If an individual knows that, despite their past mistakes, they are capable of handling the rigors of law school and are willing to put forth the effort required, then yes, they should pursue their law degree.

I say go for it, my grades suffered as well due to my military service on active duty orders. I would take the advice from these kids with a grain of salt because a vast majority of them have been pampered their entire lives. Let those life experiences speak for themselves on that statement, I know mine surely will.

christinanc93

Postby christinanc93 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:56 pm

Where are you from originally? Maybe it would be a good idea to look into law school there, especially if English is your second language.

Return to “What are my chances?”