NON-Traditional wants to go to UCI LAW so bad!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
whatsyourdeal

Re: NON-Traditional wants to go to UCI LAW so bad!

Postby whatsyourdeal » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:17 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:(mcgeorge grad)

lol no, but good guess. close, proximity wise

masked kavana

Postby masked kavana » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:22 pm

As a parent with a similar 'sob story' waiting was one of the best decision I've ever made. I know it sucks hearing that, but it's worth it.

PM me if you want more details.

jordan15

Postby jordan15 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:58 am

Just to clarify, when you said you got the grades "written off," what exactly happened? Have you seen a copy of your transcript lately (please order one now just to make sure).

A lot of schools in CA have a program called "academic renewal" which essentially puts an asterisk next to grades and removes them from your GPA. However, the transcript will look something like this:

ENG1 Basic English F* AR

So as you can see, even though in the eyes of that school and all CA schools that grade is no longer factored into your GPA, there is still an F on the transcript that the LSAC will calculate into your GPA.

So you really need to clarify that you got the grades 100% removed or turned into Ws when you assess what kind of LSAT you'll need.

twenty

Postby twenty » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:40 pm

Keep in mind that an even smaller percentage of schools not only put an asterisk next to the grade, it takes off the "credit hours attempted" bit and just replaces it with ---. If the school does that LSAC will not count your grade.

Return to “What are my chances?”