2.9 /167 -- Where should I apply? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
BoilerUp217

New

2.9 /167 -- Where should I apply?

Post by BoilerUp217 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:51 pm

Hello all,

Looking for some advice on where to apply 2015. I'm looking at schools in the midwest. I would love Northwestern or Michigan but I'm also realistic. What are my chances for ND, MSU, and IU?
Here are my stats:
2.9 undergrad in a blow off major from a pretty decent public school.
4.0 Masters in Human Resource Development from a pretty decent public school (online).
4 years Human Resource experience with PHR and SPHR certifications.
Mexican American
Will be 27 when applying so slightly older than the 21/22 year old undergrads who will also be applying.

Any recommendations / advice would be appreciated.

nonexpostfacto

New

Re: 2.9 /167 -- Where should I apply?

Post by nonexpostfacto » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:05 am

Check out http://mylsn.info/ for your odds. Make sure to click the URM button when inputting numbers.

The T14 is going to be an uphill battle with your GPA, and your LSAT isn't quite high enough to definitely push you over the edge, although your URM status might help some.

Have you considered retaking the LSAT? Because of falling applications, Northwestern was admitting people with much lower GPAs, as long as the applicant had an LSAT of 170 or above.

http://northwestern.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1213

With a few more points, Michigan might be much more plausible, too.

Are you planning to apply this cycle?

[Note: I haven't applied to law school yet. I've stalked the forum for a long time, and I'm just recycling other posts I've seen here.]

McGruff

Bronze

Re: 2.9 /167 -- Where should I apply?

Post by McGruff » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:00 pm

nonexpostfacto wrote: Have you considered retaking the LSAT? Because of falling applications, Northwestern was admitting people with much lower GPAs, as long as the applicant had an LSAT of 170 or above.
+1. The difference between a 2.9/167 URM and a 2.9/175+ URM is the difference between trying to scrape into the T14 and having your pick of a couple schools therein. I know you wanted to be done with the LSAT, but it's definitely doable, and it's obviously worth it, so the only question is whether or not you're willing to push yourself.

Return to “What are my chances?”