Content Deleted.

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
T-forteenager
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Content Deleted.

Postby T-forteenager » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:30 am

.
Last edited by T-forteenager on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
twenty
Posts: 3153
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: JUST LAID OFF - 3.25/170 - IN NEED OF LIFE ADVICE!!!

Postby twenty » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:32 am

Retake in December, apply in January.

If you're that confident you can increase your score, even a single point on the LSAT will be better than getting your apps in early.

T-forteenager
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Re: JUST LAID OFF - 3.25/170 - IN NEED OF LIFE ADVICE!!!

Postby T-forteenager » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:37 am

twentypercentmore wrote:Retake in December, apply in January.

If you're that confident you can increase your score, even a single point on the LSAT will be better than getting your apps in early.



Damn - even for schools where I match their 75th percentile scores like Cornell? And splitter-friendly schools?

I feel like you're probably right, it's just scary to miss the ED boat because I'm cocky enough to think I'll score higher...

User avatar
twenty
Posts: 3153
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: JUST LAID OFF - 3.25/170 - IN NEED OF LIFE ADVICE!!!

Postby twenty » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:12 pm

First off, you're looking at a lot of waitlists regardless.

Image

A 172 drastically increases your likelihood.

Image

These are your ED likelihoods:

Image

Secondly, you're already on target for ED UVA, and you can apply for that as late as February. Since you're not getting into Berkeley, NYU, Chicago or Columbia as it is, the only variables are Penn and Duke.

And as of last year, Penn and Duke have a Round 2 ED that ends in January.

If you're looking at getting into the best possible school you can, absolutely retake, especially if you're sure you can do better. Worst case scenario, you screw up the LSAT, and you ED at UVA in February after having been rejected at Penn ED.

T-forteenager
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Re: JUST LAID OFF - 3.25/170 - IN NEED OF LIFE ADVICE!!!

Postby T-forteenager » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:18 pm

thanks twentypercentmore, i owe you my life

and for anyone out there who's in a similar situation to me: the deadline for cornell's ED Round 2 is Jan. 4th - a December retake will come in just in time...

BigZuck
Posts: 10859
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: JUST LAID OFF - 3.25/170 - IN NEED OF LIFE ADVICE!!!

Postby BigZuck » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:21 pm

twentypercentmore wrote:First off, you're looking at a lot of waitlists regardless.

Image

A 172 drastically increases your likelihood.

Image

These are your ED likelihoods:

Image

Secondly, you're already on target for ED UVA, and you can apply for that as late as February. Since you're not getting into Berkeley, NYU, Chicago or Columbia as it is, the only variables are Penn and Duke.

And as of last year, Penn and Duke have a Round 2 ED that ends in January.

If you're looking at getting into the best possible school you can, absolutely retake, especially if you're sure you can do better. Worst case scenario, you screw up the LSAT, and you ED at UVA in February after having been rejected at Penn ED.


Not sure what's more egregious: the pro-Penn trolling or the anti-UVA trolling. Maybe it's the anti-Duke trolling?

Not sure I would ED anywhere other than NU in this climate.

onionz
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: JUST LAID OFF - 3.25/170 - IN NEED OF LIFE ADVICE!!!

Postby onionz » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:29 pm

I was waitlisted at Columbia and Chicago last year with a 172 and 3.05, got into NU and probably could have rode out the Cornell, Penn and UVA waitlists if I wanted to go to any of those. I echo the sentiment of not ED-ing anywhere outside of NU, since anything can happen.

And I had a minor C+F issue!

User avatar
twenty
Posts: 3153
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: JUST LAID OFF - 3.25/170 - IN NEED OF LIFE ADVICE!!!

Postby twenty » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:57 pm

BigZuck wrote:Not sure what's more egregious: the pro-Penn trolling or the anti-UVA trolling. Maybe it's the anti-Duke trolling?


Definitely the pro-Penn trolling. The anti-UVA trolling is mostly just by nature of the pro-Penn trolling, and the "anti-Duke trolling" (which is actually pro-Duke trolling) is subtle enough to where you can't even tell if it's pro or anti.

T-forteenager
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Re: JUST LAID OFF - 3.25/170 - IN NEED OF LIFE ADVICE!!!

Postby T-forteenager » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:17 pm

the anti-duke trolling is strictly cause of their splitter hate

0heL
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: JUST LAID OFF - 3.25/170 - IN NEED OF LIFE ADVICE!!!

Postby 0heL » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:17 pm

.

0heL
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: JUST LAID OFF - 3.25/170 - IN NEED OF LIFE ADVICE!!!

Postby 0heL » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:17 pm

.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: JUST LAID OFF - 3.25/170 - IN NEED OF LIFE ADVICE!!!

Postby Clearly » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:20 pm

I don't see how putting Penn on a higher level than UVA counts as trolling...

BigZuck
Posts: 10859
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: JUST LAID OFF - 3.25/170 - IN NEED OF LIFE ADVICE!!!

Postby BigZuck » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:46 pm

Clearly wrote:I don't see how putting Penn on a higher level than UVA counts as trolling...


Dem peers...

We're going to hurt a lot of UVA bros' butts if we say Penn is a cut above UVA. Not to mention all the NYU bros' butts who will be hurt if we start throwing out CCNP. That's a lot of bros experiencing a lot of hurt butts. Lets not go there.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: JUST LAID OFF - 3.25/170 - IN NEED OF LIFE ADVICE!!!

Postby Clearly » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:04 pm

BigZuck wrote:
Clearly wrote:I don't see how putting Penn on a higher level than UVA counts as trolling...


Dem peers...

We're going to hurt a lot of UVA bros' butts if we say Penn is a cut above UVA. Not to mention all the NYU bros' butts who will be hurt if we start throwing out CCNP. That's a lot of bros experiencing a lot of hurt butts. Lets not go there.

not wanting to hurt butts is one thing, but doesn't make it any less accurate!




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: galeatus, hdivschool and 8 guests