Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Postby cookiecrisp » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Last edited by cookiecrisp on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 3.66/162/good softs?

Postby Tasik32 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi OP, I did Fulbright between Jan-Nov 2012 and I pretty much had the same plan to use all that extra time I would have abroad to study and take the test in June. The problem is that once I arrived I didn't have nearly as much extra time as I anticipated. Also, depending on where you are going for your Fulbright, the logistics of getting to the test may be a bit of pain and could involve a lot more stress than just going to a testing center in the U.S. Make sure to check the listing of test dates for international testing centers--some only offer it once or twice a year.

I know it will probably be a lot of work, but I would shoot for December. There will be so many things you will want to do when you start your program and it won't be fun having the LSAT holding you back. It's a once in a lifetime experience so work hard now and then enjoy your time abroad for all it's worth. Good luck and on the off chance you are headed to Malaysia, shoot me a PM.

Postby TJ90 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:11 pm

T14 isn't in the cards for you right now, let alone with money. Don't waste that GPA (and the softs) & retake.

168 + 3.66 = Georgetown. 170 + 3.66 = NYU. 175 gets you a 50:50 shot at Harvard. (Granted, these numbers have been sinking, so hopefully the numbers will look even better for what I'm assuming would be your 2014-2015 cycle?)

Main reason I posted in this thread was to ask others to consider what I'm assuming would be a decreasing value of above-average softs as medians continue to drop. As it becomes harder to maintain the previous year's numbers, doesn't it seem likely that the diversity of a student population takes even more of a backseat to LSAT + GPA numbers, such that only HYS (and maybe not even them) can pick up a "special" candidate?

Between now and December, there's plenty of time for you (OP) to study. That's not all to the question, though - how much did you study for the 162? If that was a ton of studying, then you're not learning the material properly. Up to you to figure out your flaws - inefficient review, endurance, etc.

Good luck, and in light of one of your enviable softs:

Toby Ziegler

Postby Toby Ziegler » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:19 pm

Your softs are pretty good. Like other posters have said if you get above a 170 a lot of options open up for you. Study for the retake as much as you can while overseas and nail it!

Return to “What are my chances?”