3.95 Senior Year a big deal?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
mwhuzain

3.95 Senior Year a big deal?

Postby mwhuzain » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:42 am

3.6 Junior year and crappy CC GPA equaling a grand total of about a 3.1 or 3.2 cum.

155/158 LSAT :cry:

Best I did applying last year (without any of my senior year grades) was a waitlist/rejection from USan Diego and Pepperdine (didn't apply to Loyola). Got into USF, SWestern, UPacific w/ some nice scholarships.

Softs: Buncha deans' lists from UC Davis and a cum laude diploma, was in Juvi (so now I want to help juvi kids, on my PS), dad's Palestinian (so I have the name), some good volunteer work, and that 3.95 was attained abroad at the Alma Mater of the last four French Presidents.

So talk to me guys and gals. What do ya think about my prospects this year? Which Cali schools do I have a shot at?

Danger Zone

Re: 3.95 Senior Year a big deal?

Postby Danger Zone » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:49 am

Not sure if flame (juvi? Really?) but if not, TCR is obviously retake.

mwhuzain

Postby mwhuzain » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:15 am

Danger Zone wrote:Not sure if flame (juvi? Really?) but if not, TCR is obviously retake.

It was just a month, convicts can get good grades, too.

deadpanic

Postby deadpanic » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:23 am

It's your cumulative GPA that matters, so if it is a 3.1 or 3.2, that is what you'll be stuck with. So no, having a 3.95 your senior year is not going to give you a big boost.
Palestinian is not URM to my knowledge so that really won't help either.

I would recommend a retake. The CA schools are going to be tough and most will probably not be worth it without a significant scholarship with no strings attached. Good luck.

twenty

Postby twenty » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:58 am

You're not going to get into any Cali schools worth going to with that GPA. By far, your best option is to work up to a 171, go to UVA or Northwestern, and work your way back to California. If you can pull off a 173+, NYU and UPenn are definitely on the table.

If there's a reason you absolutely must stay in California, don't go to law school. You're getting hit with a double-whammie, not only is your GPA too bad to get into any California schools, but our market is too awful to justify going to a T1.

mwhuzain

Postby mwhuzain » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Back to the LSAT books!

Toby Ziegler

Postby Toby Ziegler » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:39 pm

mwhuzain wrote:Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Back to the LSAT books!

Make sure you check out the guides on this site if you haven't already. Don't waste you time with "amateur hour" prep materials get the best.

Return to “What are my chances?”