Chances for T-14? Chances for T-14 with money?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Chances for T-14? Chances for T-14 with money?

Postby LcarpetronD543 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:41 pm

Any advice would be very much appreciated :D

I double majored in Economics and Public Policy and graduated with a 3.72 GPA. I also earned an English minor and a leadership certificate, for what those are worth.

My LSAT score was 170, and I've only taken it once.

Recommendation wise, I feel pretty confident. I will have recommendations from a former US attorney, the CEO of one of the companies I've interned at, and an attorney who currently sits on the alumni board of a T-14 school.

I was fairly involved in college with a couple organizations I'm passionate about, i.e. children with special needs/disadvantages. I wasn't really involved with anything like mock trial or debate or anything like typical pre-law students.

I was just wondering what you guys thought of my chances to go T-14 or even go to a lower T-14 and maybe even get some money with those specs. I greatly thank anyone who gives me some input as I mull over the options at this exciting point in my life!!

Tiago Splitter

Re: Chances for T-14? Chances for T-14 with money?

Postby Tiago Splitter » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:05 pm

When did you graduate from undergrad? If it was within the last couple of years you should really try for at least one LOR from a professor. Also, if your LSAT practice tests were consistently over 170 a retake could help you out quite a bit.

Toby Ziegler

Postby Toby Ziegler » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:34 pm

Splitter is right. You definitely need a professor to write you a LOR.

Here are your stats as you stand:

If you get a 1 point bump:

and a 2 point bump:

Postby xylocarp » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:24 am

MyLSN will likely be predictive since your softs seem normal. Not being involved in "typical prelaw" activities is not an issue. I agree that if you think you could do better on the LSAT, you should, and that you should get a LOR from a professor (letters from prestigious/famous people who don't know you well are looked upon quite poorly in law school admissions as compared with other fields).

Postby jbagelboy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:53 pm

170 is a great score. Retaking is a personal choice based on your goals. With dropping apps, I think you'll be fine at NYU and below. Unless you really want a fed clerkship (incl. -> academia) or to work at a government agency after graduation, all your goals will be achievable at Penn and NYU or another T13 school.

For UVA & Penn, you are their target numbered applicant. Make sure you write Why X essays for each school.

I think you'll have a great cycle.

Return to “What are my chances?”