Chances for T-14? Chances for T-14 with money?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
LcarpetronD543

Chances for T-14? Chances for T-14 with money?

Postby LcarpetronD543 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:41 pm

Any advice would be very much appreciated :D

I double majored in Economics and Public Policy and graduated with a 3.72 GPA. I also earned an English minor and a leadership certificate, for what those are worth.

My LSAT score was 170, and I've only taken it once.

Recommendation wise, I feel pretty confident. I will have recommendations from a former US attorney, the CEO of one of the companies I've interned at, and an attorney who currently sits on the alumni board of a T-14 school.

I was fairly involved in college with a couple organizations I'm passionate about, i.e. children with special needs/disadvantages. I wasn't really involved with anything like mock trial or debate or anything like typical pre-law students.

I was just wondering what you guys thought of my chances to go T-14 or even go to a lower T-14 and maybe even get some money with those specs. I greatly thank anyone who gives me some input as I mull over the options at this exciting point in my life!!

Tiago Splitter

Re: Chances for T-14? Chances for T-14 with money?

Postby Tiago Splitter » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:05 pm

When did you graduate from undergrad? If it was within the last couple of years you should really try for at least one LOR from a professor. Also, if your LSAT practice tests were consistently over 170 a retake could help you out quite a bit.

Toby Ziegler

Postby Toby Ziegler » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:34 pm

Splitter is right. You definitely need a professor to write you a LOR.

Here are your stats as you stand:

If you get a 1 point bump:

and a 2 point bump:

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:24 am

MyLSN will likely be predictive since your softs seem normal. Not being involved in "typical prelaw" activities is not an issue. I agree that if you think you could do better on the LSAT, you should, and that you should get a LOR from a professor (letters from prestigious/famous people who don't know you well are looked upon quite poorly in law school admissions as compared with other fields).
Last edited by xylocarp on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:53 pm

170 is a great score. Retaking is a personal choice based on your goals. With dropping apps, I think you'll be fine at NYU and below. Unless you really want a fed clerkship (incl. -> academia) or to work at a government agency after graduation, all your goals will be achievable at Penn and NYU or another T13 school.

For UVA & Penn, you are their target numbered applicant. Make sure you write Why X essays for each school.

I think you'll have a great cycle.

Return to “What are my chances?”