Thank you for chancing me

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
8to1odds

Thank you for chancing me

Postby 8to1odds » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:06 am

I am studying like mad for the LSAT--can't take it until December so my app will be on the late side but I am PTing around 170 and haven't even started my test masters course. Confident I can get low 170s or better.

I have three semesters from Beloit College with a 2.9. Three semesters and an Associate Degree from Community College 3.45. And I will be finally getting my Bachelors in Individualized Studies from Goddard College (no GPA, qualitative review of the work).

My professional resume is scattered--agricultural work, sports writing, trader joes, driving senior citizens, delivering pet food, and now I am a recovery counselor in an adolescent group home. My current recovery counselor job is the most stable and meaningful work I have had--it is relevant to law school--and offers some personal statement material.

I want to live/study/work in LA or Chicago so I am blanketing those cities. My uncle, father, and grandfather went to U of C law and there is a scholarship there in my grandfathers name.

Chances in those two cities? Thanks!

rad lulz

Re: Thank you for chancing me

Postby rad lulz » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:17 am

Last edited by rad lulz on Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

8to1odds

Postby 8to1odds » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:17 am

Thanks for the flow chart, rad lulz.

Aren't I a splitter with a low gpa and practice LSATs at 170?

twenty

Postby twenty » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:10 am

Do you have at least 60 graded credits? If not, LSAC will not calculate a cumulative GPA for you.

EDIT> It looks like you do. Come back with an actual calculated LSAC GPA and a real LSAT and we'll chance you then. There's too huge a difference between a 169 and a "low 170's score" to even guesstimate.

Return to “What are my chances?”