please give me my chances! 2.90/173

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
chrispyreddit

please give me my chances! 2.90/173

Postby chrispyreddit » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:09 pm

Hi all:

I officially have my final lsdas GPA and have now maxed out on lsat retakes, so I'm set as a splitter now.

My lsdas gpa is a 2.9

173 highest lsat

softs: average or below average.
MA (3.6 gpa)
some cool research at Cal
8 years of part time work experience (worked through college/grad school)

I assume I shouldn't blanket the top fourteen, but I should blanket some of it. What schools am I completely, totally, definitely locked out of?

My top choices are Boalt (not gonna happen), Upenn, Cornell, Duke. Do I have a shot at any of these? Any worth EDing to on a long shot?

My next-step-down preferences go mich, georgetown, northwestern, then uva.

Do I have shot at the top 20?

I am well acquainted with law school numbers, I have looked over all the charts. But I also read a post recently about how that's actually a pretty small percentage of applicants, so I'm hoping for insights beyond just pasting the mylsn chart that I've seen a billion times :)
Trying to crowdsource my chances, get some varied feedback, etc. Basically trying to use this forum for what it was intended for... for people who get like zero help from law school numbers! Everyone has thoughts on how much the drop in apps and medians is affecting things, I love hearing about those intangibles....

Thanks fellow tls-ers!

Ramius

Re: please give me my chances! 2.90/173

Postby Ramius » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Your top choices are usually pretty splitter unfriendly, but all of them are worth a shot. No one can give you anything better than the data mylsn provides, so no one here can give you a better insight. Here is my take on it: as long as the chances aren't literally zero (boalt being the closest to this from what I've seen based on data), you're better off not wondering what if.

In my crystal ball, I see you getting gulc, NU and possibly Michigan and probably anywhere else down from there. Cornell is definitely not an auto-reject either.

Just send in the apps and see if something good happens.

GL!

chrispyreddit

Postby chrispyreddit » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:09 pm

Hi Matthewsean85:

Thanks for the info. I don't see many (really, any) people telling splitters to apply to michigan, are things changing this year? When you're talking about admits, is that RD or ED (except for nu, of course)?

Would things change if I were to ED to any of these schools?

thanks

malleus discentium

Postby malleus discentium » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:37 pm

chrispyreddit wrote:Hi Matthewsean85:

Thanks for the info. I don't see many (really, any) people telling splitters to apply to michigan, are things changing this year? When you're talking about admits, is that RD or ED (except for nu, of course)?

Would things change if I were to ED to any of these schools?

thanks

http://admissionsbythenumbers.blogspot. ... op-14.html
http://admissionsbythenumbers.blogspot. ... y-non.html

Return to “What are my chances?”