169, 3.84

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
timkim
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:31 pm

169, 3.84

Postby timkim » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:39 pm

Hello,

So I am 3 years out of UG and currently have a 169 (2012) and a LSDAS gpa of 3.84.
I tried to apply last year for schools but held off because I had cold feet.

Can any of you guys offer some advice as to what would be the best course of action?

I was planning on retaking the exam either October of December to see if I could break into the mid 170s. I will be studying from now until October/December.

Should I apply anyway with my current numbers and then send the new lsat scores in? How will this affect potential acceptances and scholarship money?

Thanks!

User avatar
twenty
Posts: 3153
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: 169, 3.84

Postby twenty » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:05 am

timkim wrote:Should I apply anyway with my current numbers and then send the new lsat scores in?


If you really want. Applying earlier in the cycle basically makes no difference except at Berkeley, which might be the exception to the "who cares" rule. I'd wait on everyone else until you've maximized your score.

If for no other reason, the fee waivers. ;)

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: 169, 3.84

Postby wtrc » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:17 am

timkim wrote:Hello,

So I am 3 years out of UG and currently have a 169 (2012) and a LSDAS gpa of 3.84.
I tried to apply last year for schools but held off because I had cold feet.

Can any of you guys offer some advice as to what would be the best course of action?

I was planning on retaking the exam either October of December to see if I could break into the mid 170s. I will be studying from now until October/December.

Should I apply anyway with my current numbers and then send the new lsat scores in? How will this affect potential acceptances and scholarship money?

Thanks!


Same exact GPA (like, to the .01). Same exact situation, but not as good an LSAT (167 at the moment, 2 takes).

I'm retaking. 173+, with how this cycle should turn out, should give us pretty solid cycles almost everywhere. It's worth the 2 months of studying for the possibility.

I would wait to send in apps (based on advice I've gotten) until the October scores are out. If you send them in early November you still are on the very early side of things. If October doesn't happen or go as planned, then you might want to consider sending in early, but it's not like they will evaluate you with a pending LSAT score anyway at a lot of the top schools...

ryantw
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Re: 169, 3.84

Postby ryantw » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:05 pm

Very very similar scores, i'm starting my 1L this fall. I was happy with my results, don't get me wrong. Looking back though, I completely regret not retaking. I was Pt'ing higher, got my score, and just accepted it. Retake, and don't look back. You will be much happier with the results.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests