Electrical Engineer/English Major - shot at top 15?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
shifty_eyed

Re: Electrical Engineer/English Major - shot at top 15?

Postby shifty_eyed » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:35 am

kooshy wrote:
dowu wrote:Whats your GPA for all of the classes taken before your first bachelors degree was awarded?

When I originally stated 3.9 I was only accounting for the classes that went towards Engl degree. Because I also took EE classes within that time, overall GPA was 3.788.

Yeah, your LSAC GPA will be calculated from every class taken before you graduated/received your first bachelor's degree. 3.788 is still above some medians in the t-14 (but not sure how many since I was below all t50 medians), but your LSAT will be much more important to gain acceptance. Don't settle for below 170. You clearly have the reading comprehension and analytical reasoning skills necessary to get 170+. If I were you, I'd sign up for October, and cancel before if your PT scores are not consistently above 170 the week before the exam. Good luck!

WokeUpInACar

Postby WokeUpInACar » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:40 am

Just FYI I was assuming that you'd have a 3.9. 3.78 is doable for HYS but you'll probably have to break 173. You'll have great options no matter what though, good luck! And absolutely don't stop taking the LSAT until you feel like you've maximized your potential, even if that means sitting out a cycle.

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:41 am

kooshy wrote:
dowu wrote:Whats your GPA for all of the classes taken before your first bachelors degree was awarded?

When I originally stated 3.9 I was only accounting for the classes that went towards Engl degree. Because I also took EE classes within that time, overall GPA was 3.788.

Even with "only" a 3.8, you're not locked out of anywhere, especially taking into account your soft factors (the fact that one of your degrees is EE, and your work experience in engineering and business.)

WokeUpInACar's advice is spot-on; don't take the LSAT until you're in a position to legitimately expect a 170+

kooshy

Postby kooshy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:50 am

ScottRiqui wrote:
kooshy wrote:

Even with "only" a 3.8, you're not locked out of anywhere, especially taking into account your soft factors (the fact that one of your degrees is EE, and your work experience in engineering and business.)

WokeUpInACar's advice is spot-on; don't take the LSAT until you're in a position to legitimately expect a 170+

Thanks guys! Really solid advice WokeUpInACar--I'll take it.

Return to “What are my chances?”