l

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
NathalieYurisic

l

Postby NathalieYurisic » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:31 pm

L
Last edited by NathalieYurisic on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ManOfTheMinute

Re: Undergraduate decisions

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:36 pm

NaXYurisic wrote:Hello, my name is NaX. Currently, I am a high school senior in the process of choosing a college for undergraduate studies. My GPA and class rank are top-notch. So, naturally, my parents have been preaching ivy league for most of my life. Recently, I visited the University of Pittsbugh and fell in love. Unfortunately, my parents fear that attending such a school would hurt my chances at Cornell Law. I realize that attending a pristigious undergraduate school would aid my admittance into an acceptable law school. If I manage decent GPA over the next four years, along with qualifying LSAT scores, would I still stand a chance?

(A) NaX is kinda a rare name - delete your account and let's try again so you can have some anonymity
(B) Cornell is your dream school? Well some people don't aim too high...
(C) LSAT > GPA >>>>>>> softs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> undergrad college

Doesn't matter where you go. Focus on getting As; the numbers are that vast majority of what law schools care about
Last edited by ManOfTheMinute on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:44 am

NathalieYurisic wrote: I realize that attending a pristigious undergraduate school would aid my admittance into an acceptable law school.

That's only barely true. HYP people can get a small bump in law school admissions, but undergrad anywhere else doesn't matter.

sublime

Postby sublime » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:45 am

Balthy

Re: l

Postby Balthy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:52 am

I want to add a caveat. Major in something you can get a job with in case you eventually decide against law. Trust us, there are many reasons to.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:06 am

(A) xXxX is kinda a rare name - delete your account and let's try again so you can have some anonymity

Doesn't matter where you go. Focus on getting As; the numbers are that vast majority of what law schools care about

Suggests you delete for anonymity..
Quotes.

Balthy

Postby Balthy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:26 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
(A) xXxX is kinda a rare name - delete your account and let's try again so you can have some anonymity

Quotes.

That was so good my mind just projected the scumbag steve pic onto the screen.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:52 am

superdingle2000 wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:

Quotes.

That was so good my mind just projected the scumbag steve pic onto the screen.

I considered actually making the meme, then decided "eh, they see where I'm going with this".

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:01 am

Fair enough gentleman, fair enough - not everyone is smart enough to think that anonymity thing all the way through

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:02 am

ManOfTheMinute wrote:Fair enough gentleman, fair enough - not everyone is smart enough to think that anonymity thing all the way through

Haha it's all in good fun, no worries.

Return to “What are my chances?”