3.7/ 171

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lululemon

3.7/ 171

Postby lululemon » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:57 pm

No great softs.
Have an MPA from a good school with a 3.9, went to a big state uni for undergrad, graduated with degree in Stat.
No real other softs, besides having grown up in the Middle East.

Just wondering whether any chance at top 7 and any chance at bottom 7 with some $$. Chicago is my top choice, because i already live here and love it. Anyway I can improve my candidacy beyond the 33% it gives me. Is there a specific applicant they are looking for. Currently work for the White Sox, can I leverage that in any way. Man we suck.

prezidentv8

Re: 3.7/ 171

Postby prezidentv8 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:07 pm

lululemon wrote:No great softs.
Have an MPA from a good school with a 3.9, went to a big state uni for undergrad, graduated with degree in Stat.

Just wondering whether any chance at top 7 and any chance at bottom 7 with some $$. Chicago is my top choice, because i already live here and love it. Anyway I can improve my candidacy beyond the 33% it gives me. Is there a specific applicant they are looking for. Currently work for the White Sox, can I leverage that in any way. Man we suck.

I'd imagine your actual odds are better than 33%, although I'm not very familiar with Chicago's applicant pool this year.

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:13 pm

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:15 pm

Fair enough, I figured the number came from somewhere, but given the app pool this year (and the fact that much of the drop in apps was from the top LSAT scorers) I'm speculating that he has a marginally better chance.

Straw hats, etc.

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:28 pm

FWIW I am attending Chicago this fall with 172/3.73

nothingtosee

Postby nothingtosee » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:31 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:

$?

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:19 pm

nothingtosee wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:

$?

In my LSN (check profile)...PM me if you have any questions or if I can help

hohenheim

Postby hohenheim » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:46 pm

I'm also a numbers twin, so check my LSN for last cycle's results and feel free to PM. I think that generally, though, you are looking at very little money at CCN, but up to about half tuition at MVP (assuming applicant numbers stay where they are). Columbia was actually pretty generous with need-based aid (as opposed to merit only) last cycle, but I didn't get any of that. Good luck!

WokeUpInACar

Postby WokeUpInACar » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:50 pm

Many people with similar numbers got 120k at Northwestern last cycle, seems like that would be by far the best option for you.

Return to “What are my chances?”