3.82 GPA 170 LSAT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jyrkchicken

Re: 3.82 GPA 170 LSAT

Postby jyrkchicken » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:49 am

Stop making UChicago UGs look like stuck up dicks.

jselson

Postby jselson » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:59 pm

megaragirl wrote:average softs? How many people are able to singlehandedly publish their undergraduate thesis in a legitimate academic journal? Far and rare in between, from what I have been told (even post docs have trouble publishing). average undergrad? How many schools can say they have the most number of Nobel Prize winners?
just saying... :)

Make sure to comb through your PS and edit out any hints of pretension.

(Published my undergrad thesis, too, but I didn't go to a supercool Ivy/equivalent, fwiw).

pupshaw

Postby pupshaw » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:10 pm

jselson wrote:
megaragirl wrote:average softs? How many people are able to singlehandedly publish their undergraduate thesis in a legitimate academic journal? Far and rare in between, from what I have been told (even post docs have trouble publishing). average undergrad? How many schools can say they have the most number of Nobel Prize winners?

Not sure that will be possible for OP.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:19 pm

cerealdan wrote:
jselson wrote:

Not sure that will be possible for OP.

you do have to sell yourself in your PS tho. I mean I bet most of them come off as at least marginally pretentious because you are trying to show off (albeit indirectly) what YOU have done and why YOU are qualified. So the fine line between acceptable pretension for the purposes of illuminating your candidacy and unacceptable pretension because you're actually just a dick can be tough to navigate

Return to “What are my chances?”