.

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
read2465
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:50 pm

.

Postby read2465 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:28 pm

.
Last edited by read2465 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: MA 166 3.8x for Harvard

Postby PRgradBYU » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:00 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Per the above graph, even with URM status, your friend only has about a 33% chance of getting into Harvard. If he retakes and scores even 5 points higher, it will double his chances of getting in.

He has nothing to lose by retaking, so tell him to retake in October.

read2465
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:50 pm

Re: MA 166 3.8x for Harvard

Postby read2465 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:46 pm

.
Last edited by read2465 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Monochromatic Oeuvre
Posts: 1929
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Re: MA 166 3.8x for Harvard

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:10 pm

Who could possibly be limited to applying only to Harvard? That makes no sense.

read2465
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:50 pm

Re: MA 166 3.8x for Harvard

Postby read2465 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:28 pm

.
Last edited by read2465 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: MA 166 3.8x for Harvard

Postby PRgradBYU » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:Who could possibly be limited to applying only to Harvard? That makes no sense.


Image

read2465
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:50 pm

Re: MA 166 3.8x for Harvard

Postby read2465 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:56 pm

.
Last edited by read2465 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Monochromatic Oeuvre
Posts: 1929
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Re: MA 166 3.8x for Harvard

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:28 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:
Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:Who could possibly be limited to applying only to Harvard? That makes no sense.


Image


I was thinking maybe Elle Woods NEEDING to win her boyfriend back. Rachel with her 172 and legacy would've been an auto-admit. Whole thing would've made more sense if it were Yale she was dinged from, because it's the actual black box compared to Harvard's relatively straightforward criteria.

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: MA 166 3.8x for Harvard

Postby PRgradBYU » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:
PRgradBYU wrote:
Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:Who could possibly be limited to applying only to Harvard? That makes no sense.


Image


I was thinking maybe Elle Woods NEEDING to win her boyfriend back. Rachel with her 172 and legacy would've been an auto-admit. Whole thing would've made more sense if it were Yale she was dinged from, because it's the actual black box compared to Harvard's relatively straightforward criteria.


Rachel also technically has URM status, although in all fairness we don't know what her UGPA is. Assuming it's 3.5+, she should've been an auto-admit indeed. Just one of the many, many factual/logical flaws of that show. (The biggest one may be the painfully incorrect references of the LSAT as the "LSATs.")

User avatar
Monochromatic Oeuvre
Posts: 1929
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Re: MA 166 3.8x for Harvard

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:21 pm

Elle Woods actually has a more realistic admissions story: A 4.0/179 being able to compensate for a WTF personal statement. Although it always irks me a little when adcomms are portrayed in movies as Waspy boomers, as though someone who's 65 is more likely to spend their time digging through thousands of apps than someone who's 25.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, lnsl123, TAD and 10 guests