Graphic designer Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Rvc27

New

Graphic designer

Post by Rvc27 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:36 pm

Hi everyone

I was wondering if any of you had come across any student profiles of a graphic designer turned lawyer? Any idea what would be my chances at a T14 law school? I am an Indian, but did my undergrad in Singapore/UK. I have a Upper Second Class BA hons degree in Graphic communication from Loughborough University, Uk and have been working as a designer in singapore for two years now. I plan to take my LSAT in oct and apply for the 2014 intake. Any kind of info is highly appreciated!

Cheers!

elterrible78

Silver

Re: Graphic designer

Post by elterrible78 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:48 pm

Rvc27 wrote:Hi everyone

I was wondering if any of you had come across any student profiles of a graphic designer turned lawyer? Any idea what would be my chances at a T14 law school? I am an Indian, but did my undergrad in Singapore/UK. I have a Upper Second Class BA hons degree in Graphic communication from Loughborough University, Uk and have been working as a designer in singapore for two years now. I plan to take my LSAT in oct and apply for the 2014 intake. Any kind of info is highly appreciated!

Cheers!
Hey! To be very frank, nobody is going to be able to give you much useful information until you have an actual LSAT score, or at least a reasonable number of timed practice scores under your belt. Knowing you undergraduate GPA is also pretty vital. You can find a TON of helpful information for prepping for the LSAT on this site, though, so make sure to seek it out!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:50 pm

I'm pretty sure that as an international student, you don't have a GPA that gets reported to American lae schools - your undergraduate performance gets graded on a non-numerical scale (I think the highest is "superior"), and is therefore less valuable to schools. Your LSAT will carry more weight.

Rvc27

New

Post by Rvc27 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:42 am

Thanks guys..Yeah been prepping for lsat, will probably take a few practice tests soon. But I was mostly wondering how my graphic design background would affect my chances. From my research most applicants seem to come from liberal arts, humanities and other mainstream fields so a bit concerned.

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:45 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:47 am

It will have exactly 0 impact on anything.

elterrible78

Silver

Post by elterrible78 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:05 am

Not going to matter one little bit.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”