Suspended

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
vracovino

Re: Suspended

Postby vracovino » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:24 pm

HotSplit wrote:
Wormfather wrote:
Who's alt are you?

laxbrah420's...

When I am laxbrah, I am a lacrosse-playing, 420-smoking, "brah" who gets wound up over the little things.

When I am HotSplit, I make semi-insensitive comments that get the 'I just saw the Notebook and cried again' crowd all worked up.

Quite a thing I have going for myself.

You're esentially an uncomical and substantially less entertaining version of your avatar.

PDaddy

Postby PDaddy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:38 pm

HotSplit wrote:Don't go to law school. By the sound of it you're going to wind up in prison soon anyway.

Only thing worse than being imprisoned is having to pay off your law school debts once you're out.

A black female attorney in Indianapolis (cum laude grad from Univ. of Louisville - Brandeis School of Law) allegedly threatened to kill police officers, and her big law firm did not fire her. Instead, the firm paid for her representation and got her counseling. She is also prohibited from drinking or going to bars.

Don't assume that a person why may have psychological or emotional issues is automatically beyond the point of return. Alcoholism, drug use and other dysfunctional problems are widespread in the legal community, but the community is long noted for taking a progressive approach to those issues.

For example, where you see a white-collar criminal, the legal field sees an in-house special counselor assigned to corporate security.

While you may view OP as a potential menace who is unfit to practice law, there are lots of indigent defendants with mental health issues. Who better to defend them than a lawyer who overcame his own mental health issues and became a success?

What's more, the elite schools (esp.HYS) like to admit "special cases" (former convicts, etc.) every year. U-Mich famously guaranteed a spot to an incarcerated robber who honed his writing skills writing habeas briefs and appeals for other prisoners. He even wrote a Supreme Court Appeal!

To many, this appears to be unfair as it almost rewards people for bad behavior. But everyone must remember that the legal field is all about practicality...pragmatics...convenience...

Law schools use feel good stories to raise their profiles and increase their donations. Law firms are extremely image-conscious. We know that they are looking for brilliant minds to earn large profits, and they will always appeal to rich people.

But the poor? Law firms are constantly challenged to reaffirm that they serve the societal good, and there are former criminals, mentally ill folks, drug addicts, and white-collar criminals working for them.

For all of these reasons there is always a chance that OP can turn things around and become part of the club.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:44 am

L-OH-FUCKING-L at you aspie losers making unwarranted assumptions about OP based on limited statements.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:45 am

HotSplit wrote:Don't go to law school. By the sound of it you're going to wind up in prison soon anyway.

Only thing worse than being imprisoned is having to pay off your law school debts once you're out.

(outed as a douchebag district attorney dat graduated from TTTT)

Honeysuckle

Postby Honeysuckle » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:16 pm

BUMP. I had serious disciplinary issues in school as well. I am wondering whether they will impact my C&F determination.

In fall 2013, I was placed on University Probation, which lasted for the academic year. In addition, the aggrieved individuals lodged a stay away order against me. Conduct in question was harassing, aggressive behavior over the phone, email, and in person.

In May 2014, the probation was lifted. In addition, as of now, the stay away order has been lifted for all but 2 individuals.

In fall 2014, I was charged by my student conduct office with disorderly conduct, creating a community disturbance, failure to comply, and property damage. In addition, while the investigation was ongoing, I was given an interim suspension (not a sanction) and I was banned from campus. Later, my school gave me the option of doing a medical withdrawal in lieu of going thru the student conduct process and receiving a formal sanction.

During the medical withdrawal, I have been treated for bipolar disorder. I am under the care of a psychiatrist (monthly), 2 psychotherapists (weekly), and a bipolar support group (weekly). In addition, I am volunteering with legal aid in the interim to help show my rehabilitation. I will attempt to reenroll in law school in fall 2015, with the recommendation of my psychiatrist, psychotherapist, and support group leader that I am not a danger to myself or others.

BlueLotus

Postby BlueLotus » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:24 pm

I also have school disciplinary issues related to disorderly conduct. Will be applying for the bar soon and I'm shitting myself with anxiety. No criminal record.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:57 pm

Make your own threads, it's pretty messed up to bump this kids troubling history to ask your own questions...

sublime

Postby sublime » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:19 pm

Return to “What are my chances?”