Temple University

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
This.Is.Steve.1991

Temple University

Postby This.Is.Steve.1991 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:03 pm

Hello All,

I was wondering what people thought of my chances for admission at the Beasley school at Temple University. The law school predictors (not sure how reliable they are) rank Temple as my "safety" school, but I am not sure. My application is already done (as in I have my recommendations and transcripts already on the way to LSAC and my personal statement/resume has been edited, reviewed, and finalized).

My stats are:

GPA: 4.0 (although, when the average is calculated it will probably be around 3.8 since the 4.0 is from my current school but I had a 3.8 in Community College and a 3.5 at another school I transferred from).
LSAT: 160

I have plenty of softs - I've had multiple leadership positions, many awards and accommodations, Dean's list, University Honors program, a lot of community service stuff, and plenty of job experience.

So, going off that, what do people think?

Thanks!

nebula666

Re: Temple University

Postby nebula666 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:44 pm

If you haven't taken the LSAT 3 times, this is pretty irrelevant. You have an incredible GPA and it would be wasted on Temple.

That being said, you will get in. You at at Median LSAT and above 75% GPA. Expect their standard $22,500 over 3 year scholarship, which is pretty negligible given the $150k sticker price. $130k for Temple is too much.

laotze

Postby laotze » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:19 pm

nebula666 wrote:If you haven't taken the LSAT 3 times, this is pretty irrelevant. You have an incredible GPA and it would be wasted on Temple.

That being said, you will get in. You at at Median LSAT and above 75% GPA. Expect their standard $22,500 over 3 year scholarship, which is pretty negligible given the $150k sticker price. $130k for Temple is too much.

^ This entire thread is going to be echoes of nebula's post. If there is even the slightest chance on heaven and earth that you can improve your LSAT score, do not go to Temple.
Improve your score by 5 points and you will have a decent application for T14. Improve your score by 10 points and you will have at least one almost guaranteed T6, maybe a shot at HYS. Improve your score by 12-15 points and you are a shoe-in for Harvard at least, probably the other two as well.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:33 pm

This.Is.Steve.1991

Postby This.Is.Steve.1991 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:44 pm

laotze wrote:
nebula666 wrote:If you haven't taken the LSAT 3 times, this is pretty irrelevant. You have an incredible GPA and it would be wasted on Temple.

^ This entire thread is going to be echoes of nebula's post. If there is even the slightest chance on heaven and earth that you can improve your LSAT score, do not go to Temple.
Improve your score by 5 points and you will have a decent application for T14. Improve your score by 10 points and you will have at least one almost guaranteed T6, maybe a shot at HYS. Improve your score by 12-15 points and you are a shoe-in for Harvard at least, probably the other two as well.

Thank you all. I did want to retake, but I was nervous. After hearing the feedback here, I have decided to study again and retake. Thank you all for your help.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:46 pm

This.Is.Steve.1991 wrote:
laotze wrote:

Thank you all. I did want to retake, but I was nervous. After hearing the feedback here, I have decided to study again and retake. Thank you all for your help.

Don't sell yourself short, however much work you think you should put in, do twice as much. Trust me from experience, don't take until you have no weaknesses. You have a Harvard GPA, don't go in with Temple LSAT score. Take a year off to study, do whatever you have to do, no matter what it takes, till you are a flawless LSAT machine. Then, go to whatever school you want with your improved stats.

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:48 pm

This.Is.Steve.1991 wrote:Thank you all. I did want to retake, but I was nervous. After hearing the feedback here, I have decided to study again and retake. Thank you all for your help.

Way to have a great attitude. Study like there's no tomorrow, knowing that 10 or 11 more points could get you HYSCCN. Good luck, man.

laotze

Postby laotze » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:52 pm

Awesome news. Best of luck once you do apply!

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:54 pm

laotze wrote:

You're definitely making the right choice. Study for this like you've never studied for anything before. This single test will largely determine your career trajectory/options, so treat it with the respect it deserves. Good luck!

pupshaw

Postby pupshaw » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:05 am

Man, these threads almost never go this well.

Return to “What are my chances?”