Waitlist this year, chances of being accepted next year?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
UMich11

Waitlist this year, chances of being accepted next year?

Postby UMich11 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:13 am

I'm currently on the UMich Waitlist, just accepted to ND off their watilist. ED'd to UMich this year but didn't send my application in until the deadline. I'm below both medians (163/3.5 - 2+yr work experience in IBanking/Consulting, startups, varsity athlete) and not URM.

I'm debating between attending ND (with the 10k/yr scholarship they gave me) or work this year and apply first week the app is open. My top schools would be UMich/ND/Northwestern and maybe GTown.

Thoughts?

jbagelboy

Re: Waitlist this year, chances of being accepted next year?

Postby jbagelboy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:17 am

You won't break T13 without a retake. This should be very clear to you. Retake is the only answer, ND w/ 10K/yr isnt even a consideration; you've been on this site long enough to understand that.

Either stay in consulting or retake the LSAT my bro.

twenty

Postby twenty » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:18 am

Retake man. I'm pretty sure the October LSAT's release date is before the ED deadline.

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:06 pm

UMich11 wrote:I'm currently on the UMich Waitlist, just accepted to ND off their watilist. ED'd to UMich this year but didn't send my application in until the deadline. I'm below both medians (163/3.5 - 2+yr work experience in IBanking/Consulting, startups, varsity athlete) and not URM.

I'm debating between attending ND (with the 10k/yr scholarship they gave me) or work this year and apply first week the app is open. My top schools would be UMich/ND/Northwestern and maybe GTown.

Thoughts?

Please retake. ND is not worth it with only a $10k/yr. scholarship.

isuperserial

Postby isuperserial » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:10 pm

UMich11 wrote:I'm currently on the UMich Waitlist, just accepted to ND off their watilist. ED'd to UMich this year but didn't send my application in until the deadline. I'm below both medians (163/3.5 - 2+yr work experience in IBanking/Consulting, startups, varsity athlete) and not URM.

Thoughts?

Retake is the solution. An increase of just five points could mean maybe getting in to Cornell or Georgetown, and feeling very secure at Vandy, Texas, USC and UCLA. Doesn't that sound awesome? Doesn't that sound worth it? And increasing more than that opens up much of the rest of the T14 for you. Don't settle for anything less than your best, my friend.

RetakeFrenzy

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:57 am

isuperserial wrote:

Thoughts?

Retake is the solution. An increase of just five points could mean maybe getting in to Cornell or Georgetown, and feeling very secure at Vandy, Texas, USC and UCLA. Doesn't that sound awesome? Doesn't that sound worth it? And increasing more than that opens up much of the rest of the T14 for you. Don't settle for anything less than your best, my friend.

This.

raferna3

Postby raferna3 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:33 pm

Don't settle for anything less than your best, my friend.

Couldn't agree more. I stand at a 161 myself, and have been trying to convince myself that this is good enough, but you're absolutely right. If you can do better, you should. Especially with the rest of your life on the line. Good luck to my fellow Oct takers. The LSAT is cruel mistress...

UMich11

Postby UMich11 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:25 pm

Just admitted off the waitlist to UMich. Starting next summer. May retake LSAT to score scholarship, though not much.

RetakeFrenzy

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:58 pm

UMich11 wrote:Just admitted off the waitlist to UMich. Starting next summer. May retake LSAT to score scholarship, though not much.

Congrats!

Return to “What are my chances?”