Early Decision?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
1948
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Early Decision?

Postby 1948 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:46 pm

.
Last edited by 1948 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1948
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Early Decision?

Postby 1948 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:41 pm

.
Last edited by 1948 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nebula666
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Re: Early Decision?

Postby nebula666 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:25 pm

If you haven't taken the LSAT 3 times this question doesn't matter.

You'll probably get in ED but yeah, retake.

1948
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Early Decision?

Postby 1948 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:31 pm

.
Last edited by 1948 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: Early Decision?

Postby xylocarp » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:43 pm

1948 wrote:Retaking is not an option for me.

How come?

User avatar
thewaves
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Re: Early Decision?

Postby thewaves » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:54 pm

You don't *need* to apply ED to Penn with your numbers, but if that's your first choice, you might as well. You won't get scholarship money at Penn with those numbers. General rule of thumb: Both GPA and LSAT must be above 75% to be considered for scholarships.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Early Decision?

Postby Lavitz » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Very good chances with ED:

Image

Without ED, if you're looking for $$:

Image

1948
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Early Decision?

Postby 1948 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:40 pm

.
Last edited by 1948 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RodneyRuxin
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:08 pm

Re: Early Decision?

Postby RodneyRuxin » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:58 pm

I would ED Chicago with those numbers, you're likely in at Penn

Ti Malice
Posts: 1955
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:55 am

Re: Early Decision?

Postby Ti Malice » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:09 am

Good god, don't waste that GPA on that LSAT. Retake. And, yes, it's definitely an option for you. No one is going to shoot you if you take the test again. You have a GPA worthy of YHS or a $150K+ scholarship at Penn or another T14. Putting in three months of study and retaking could easily save you over two hundred thousand dollars in loan repayments. Don't be a fool.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Early Decision?

Postby Clearly » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:18 am

You are a damn fool if you don't retake. Period. You think a few months of studying isn't worth 150,000 in schollys?

BigZuck
Posts: 10859
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Early Decision?

Postby BigZuck » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:25 am

thewaves wrote:General rule of thumb: Both GPA and LSAT must be above 75% to be considered for scholarships.


I don't know much about Penn specifically so maybe you're just talking about them. But if you're talking about law schools in general then LOLno.

OP, retake. Don't be a dumb dumb

User avatar
thewaves
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Re: Early Decision?

Postby thewaves » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:51 am

BigZuck wrote:
thewaves wrote:General rule of thumb: Both GPA and LSAT must be above 75% to be considered for scholarships.


I don't know much about Penn specifically so maybe you're just talking about them. But if you're talking about law schools in general then LOLno.

OP, retake. Don't be a dumb dumb



I was talking about for big scholarships ($100k+). Lavitz above shows what is possible in terms of money without numbers higher than 75%.

BigZuck
Posts: 10859
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Early Decision?

Postby BigZuck » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:07 pm

thewaves wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
thewaves wrote:General rule of thumb: Both GPA and LSAT must be above 75% to be considered for scholarships.


I don't know much about Penn specifically so maybe you're just talking about them. But if you're talking about law schools in general then LOLno.

OP, retake. Don't be a dumb dumb



I was talking about for big scholarships ($100k+). Lavitz above shows what is possible in terms of money without numbers higher than 75%.


Ah. I thought "for scholarships" literally meant "for scholarships" not "for big scholarships."




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ConLaw2017, hdivschool, TAD and 5 guests