Splitter at T14s...not as great as I hoped on the LSAT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
sst123

Splitter at T14s...not as great as I hoped on the LSAT

Postby sst123 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:01 pm

Hey guys I've got a 3.29 coming out of The University of Washington I was really hoping to get in the low 170's on the LSAT as I had on a few practice tests and felt good about the real one. I ended up with a 169. I can't retake the LSAT as I'll be abroad in october. Anyway my question is do I have a shot at any of the T14s especially if I ED'd at Virginia and EA'd at cornell. My rec's and personal statement will be fine probably not incredible. My grade trend is pretty good though if that makes a difference. I got a 3.75 my past two quarters. Also besides the T14s I'd love to know what you guys thought my chances were at some just outside the T14, in particular, UCLA Texas, University of Washington, and UNC. Thanks so much for any advice!

Rahviveh

Re: Splitter at T14s...not as great as I hoped on the LSAT

Postby Rahviveh » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:04 pm

sst123 wrote:Hey guys I've got a 3.29 coming out of The University of Washington I was really hoping to get in the low 170's on the LSAT as I had on a few practice tests and felt good about the real one. I ended up with a 169. I can't retake the LSAT as I'll be abroad in october. Anyway my question is do I have a shot at any of the T14s especially if I ED'd at Virginia and EA'd at cornell. My rec's and personal statement will be fine probably not incredible. My grade trend is pretty good though if that makes a difference. I got a 3.75 my past two quarters. Also besides the T14s I'd love to know what you guys thought my chances were at some just outside the T14, in particular, UCLA Texas, University of Washington, and UNC. Thanks so much for any advice!

ED UVA. Maybe a shot at GULC and Cornell. The rest are unlikely

Vincent

Postby Vincent » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:24 pm

How much is a better score worth to you? I don't know your exact circumstances regarding going abroad, but if you can guarantee just a 2-3 point increase, ED Penn comes into play, for example.

sst123

Postby sst123 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:32 pm

Thanks for the help! A better score is really important to me, but I've been planning a six month trip abroad for awhile now and it is more important to me. I feel like I would score 3 points higher, but I suppose I couldn't guarantee it. Anyone else have an opinion?

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:41 pm

UVA seems to be keeping their 170 this cycle but may lose it next. ED there or UPenn if you're willing to pay sticker. A 169/3.3x got UPenn this cycle ED but I doubt their median falls.

Decent shot at MCornell, and Gtown. Apply into the t20 too

170 gets you NU if you have WE and likely in at UVA/UPenn

shot at CCN with a 171/172

NYU being the most likely

politics89

Postby politics89 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:20 pm

Maybe this is a silly response, but can't you take the LSAT while you're abroad?

sst123

Postby sst123 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:54 pm

I definitely could. I'll be in India in October, but I'll also be abroad all of September and don't realistically think I'll have much time to study. At least not enough to count on an improved score

Return to “What are my chances?”