What now?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
whatnow

What now?

Postby whatnow » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:37 am

I need some help. I took the LSAT on a bit of a dare and seem to have done fairly well. But I have not thought of being a lawyer since I was in high school leaving me unprepared for what my next steps should be. I went to Yale, graduated with a 3.68 and my LSAT is a 175. What schools are realistic? My parents paid for college and probably could continue to pay but is financial aid typically offered? Many thanks for the input.

Typhoon24

Re: What now?

Postby Typhoon24 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:49 am

Assuming you're non urm, CCN would be your best bets so far. You've got a great undergrad school under your belt, but you fall below gpa medians for the top 3, and they get kinda stingy with that. Still worth an app tho. Financial aid is offered at all schools, but HYS do not give merit-based aid, only need-based.

More importantly though, I recommend that you research more into law schools and the legal field in general and see if this is or isn't something you want to do for the rest of your life. Other than that, good job on the LSAT!

whatnow

Postby whatnow » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:34 pm

Thanks for your guidance. I will spend a few weeks soul searching. I am at a major investment banking firm at present and have people I can talk to about their experiences. Given your response, I am assuming the entire process is more predictable than the undergraduate admissions process. Appreciate your response.

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:57 pm

whatnow wrote:I need some help. I took the LSAT on a bit of a dare and seem to have done fairly well. But I have not thought of being a lawyer since I was in high school leaving me unprepared for what my next steps should be. I went to Yale, graduated with a 3.68 and my LSAT is a 175. What schools are realistic? My parents paid for college and probably could continue to pay but is financial aid typically offered? Many thanks for the input.

Columbia and NYU look great for you, and UChi is possible as well. You could probably snag a decent chunk of money from NYU (~$60k or so, per the graph above).

Return to “What are my chances?”