3 Years Volunteer Work Abroad/166 LSAT/long story Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
sabza

New

3 Years Volunteer Work Abroad/166 LSAT/long story

Post by sabza » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:38 am

Hi all, I wanted to see if you could give me some insight into what my chances are at a T14...I think they might be just out of reach :(

I have 3 years volunteer experience in South Africa-2 years working with children with HIV, 1 year working with people in the townships to get government subsidies for formalized housing; and a summer working with orphaned/abused children in Russia.

My GPA (before I took time off to volunteer) was a MESS...2.7 (I have a very good reason for this, which will be discussed in my PS). When I returned to the US, I transferred to a different school, and earned a 3.78 GPA, and graduated from the honors college. However, my lsac gpa factors in everything, so it is a 3.3. There is clearly a strong upward trend. I spent time studying aboard in Germany last summer as well (though that probably means nothing).

I got a 166 on the lsat...which really bothers me because I was PTing much higher. I severely messed up RC. I was -2 LR1, -2 LG, -12 RC, -1 LR2...IDK how I let that happen!

Please let me know what you guys think! I appreciate the help.

Jaqen

Silver

Re: 3 Years Volunteer Work Abroad/166 LSAT/long story

Post by Jaqen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:14 am

Retake in October.

What was your PT range? Were you doing the PTs timed and under normal testing conditions?

sabza

New

Post by sabza » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:19 am

Jaqen wrote:Retake in October.

What was your PT range? Were you doing the PTs timed and under normal testing conditions?
PTing 172-176...timed conditions-yes...normal, perhaps not ;)

Instead of just adding a section for an experimental, I would take 2 PTs at once (so 8 sections). I would take a short break between the 4th and 5th section to grab a drink or something, but other than that, I would go straight through them.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:44 am

That sounds awesome, but its a bad idea. You want to take them under exact times, and if you are going to add sections, add them at the end. People who acclimate to not having a break, often have their focus broken by being forced to take the break on the real thing. Retake.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”