Edit Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
SuperCerealBrah

Bronze

Re: Prior Marine - 155 LSAT - 3.93 GPA What are My Chances??

Post by SuperCerealBrah » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:58 pm

Black Hat wrote:
matthewsean85 wrote:Have you read through the Military Law thread yet? That would be a great place to start in getting a feel for just how hard getting a JAG position is (even with military experience). There are plenty of good applicants there that didn't have it work out, to the point where they are still applying for the 4th-5th time and missing.

And please stop trying to school people on how the military runs. You sound immature and make those of us AD and vet types sound like jerks.

I am not schooling people on anything. I am simply telling them that is how it is. They can do with that information what they please. These "people" are making me be a jerk. If you start from the beginning of this post and read to here you can clearly see that.

I have read the Jag forums and there is nothing useful there whatsoever. Is sounds like a bunch of misinformation and confusion from people who absolutely know nothing.
Then why are you even on here?

Black Hat

Bronze

Post by Black Hat » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:02 pm

others.
Last edited by Black Hat on Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Hat

Bronze

Post by Black Hat » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:04 pm

Jag.
Last edited by Black Hat on Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rahviveh

Gold

Post by Rahviveh » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:05 pm

Black Hat wrote:I am not here to ask about Jag, as stated before. I am here for information pertaining to schools on the list in the OP. The majority of people here are not qualified to give advice regarding Jag.
Use the link Rambo

mylsn.info

SuperCerealBrah

Bronze

Post by SuperCerealBrah » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:05 pm

Black Hat wrote:
ScottRiqui wrote:
What's frustrating us is that you're needlessly (and drastically) limiting your options, especially considering your uGPA and your soft factors. Schools with much better return-on-investment can be yours at no more cost than the schools you listed, thanks to the GI Bill.

Also, it's frankly a little puzzling that a hard-charging devil dog such as yourself would lay down and settle for a 155 on the LSAT after a single attempt.
I am not laying down I know what my abilities are and I know what they are not. I don't think it is possible for me to do much better than 160. I don't believe the marginal difference in quality of school form 155 to 160 is significant enough to wait another year.

Everyone cannot achieve the scores that some of you can. So that means you can talk down to others who didn't do as well as you? You get what you get, great job. I got what I did and it is what it is. The LSAT is tough and standardized tests are more difficult for some than others.
You are really selling yourself short. There are many on here that did not score much better than you the first time (and some even worse), who got substantially better scores later after putting in a lot of effort.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SuperCerealBrah

Bronze

Post by SuperCerealBrah » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Black Hat wrote:
SuperCerealBrah wrote:
I have read the Jag forums and there is nothing useful there whatsoever. Is sounds like a bunch of misinformation and confusion from people who absolutely know nothing.
Then why are you even on here?
"The majority of people here are not qualified to give advice regarding Jag."

1) How would you know that? You are assuming quite a lot.

2) Pretty much everyone is going to tell you not to go those schools. You didn't like that answer. So you have now starting grasping at straws to convince yourself we are all unqualified to be giving opinions about those schools. You came here for advice. And it was given to you.

twenty

Gold

Post by twenty » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:10 pm

This is stupid. OP, you will probably get into all the schools on that list.

Also, I'd probably go with West Virginia if you're given the choice.

0831kf

New

Post by 0831kf » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:34 pm

I can see why OP thinks he can't raise his score above 160 from reading his comments. His logic and assumptions are horrible, which will bar him to get high score in the lsat. Just go to one of these schools and see what happens after three years. Then you will come back here and tell us that either you were right or wrong. You have about 50% of chance landing JD job. Good luck

Oh, BTW, since you've said a lot of you don't have military experience, I must say that I'm an army veteran.

che3055

New

Post by che3055 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:26 pm

OP - if I told you I was going to buy you a car, ANY CAR YOU PICKED, why would you settle for a Nissan Versa?

I know the LSAT is frustrating. Last June, I took it for the first time, and scored similarly to you. I got down on myself, was planning to let my high GPA (high like yours) carry me to a mediocre school. Then, I decided to cut the shit, buckle down, and retake. I took in October, ended up in the high 160's. I got in to a lot of great schools. I retook last month, ended up in the 170's.

Stop being lazy. Have a little confidence, get Manhattan's LSAT guides, and make it happen. You are in a position that an overwhelming majority of law school applicants would LOVE to be in.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rftdd888

Bronze

Post by rftdd888 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:09 pm

you guys are all wasting your time dealing with this user. he is either a.) trolling or b.) incredibly, breath-takingly stupid + incorrigible beyond anything

my gut feels like it is a flame. why would such a gung-ho "I can do anything" asshole think that without question there is nothing they could ever do to get above a fucking 160 on the LSAT? something doesn't add up, there is a gap here with regard to his confidence intelligence etc.

yellowumbrella

New

Post by yellowumbrella » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:15 pm

rftdd888 wrote:you guys are all wasting your time dealing with this user. he is either a.) trolling or b.) incredibly, breath-takingly stupid + incorrigible beyond anything

my gut feels like it is a flame. why would such a gung-ho "I can do anything" asshole think that without question there is nothing they could ever do to get above a fucking 160 on the LSAT? something doesn't add up, there is a gap here with regard to his confidence intelligence etc.
Totally, off topic but Frank Ocean's Orange album is the greatest.

Themanp

New

Post by Themanp » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:46 pm

Your chances suck. Your chances after school suck. 99%+ chance that you will not get a JAG position from those schools, unless you pull a messiah while you're there. You should really pull your head out of your ass and consider retaking..unless there is something you are not telling us i.e., 'You've already taken it twice' or 'you have test-taking disabilities' ....Even then I would consider retake. If you are serious..I think U. South Carolina would be your best best.

But here's the deal man...Because of your incredibly high GPA you have the chance to pull off some serious reaching, but it will take a retake. A 160 WILL make a significant difference BECAUSE of your high-enough GPA, but why stop there? With practice, commitment, and hard work you can UP your score significantly.

I do not recommend the Kaplan or Princeton Review prep stuff. A word of advice, get the powerscore books for Logic Games --> practice practice practice. Try the Manhattan books (I did) and/or try powerscore/ powerscore course. Get every single one of LSAC's prep test books (they come in packs of 10). Start with the oldest (modern) tests and move to more recent tests the closer you get to test day ending with the most recently released practice test.

Don't sell yourself short.

Look at these GPA/LSAT ranges
http://www.top-law-schools.com/rankings.html

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:21 pm

rftdd888 wrote:you guys are all wasting your time dealing with this user. he is either a.) trolling or b.) incredibly, breath-takingly stupid + incorrigible beyond anything

My gut tells me he's sincere; he's just not that smart. Depending on his UG program, bear in mind you can be functionally retarded and still have a stellar GPA if you complete some sketchy online program. There are a ton of these places that target military personnel, offering them academic credit for their military experience, and basically prey on them for the government tuition assistance money.

I also like the "tests are just hard for some people, okay?" logic. Well, good thing there are no tests in law school, then!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jkay

Bronze

Post by jkay » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:10 am

Has anyone suggested retake yet?

hopefulgrunt22

New

Post by hopefulgrunt22 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:44 am

Check my original post (hopefulgrunt without numbers). I'm a vet (82nd ABN, Ranger Qual.) with a 3.93/171. Study for a few months and bring up your LSAT score. I started with a PT of 152 and worked my way up. You can learn the test. There are a large number of vets that are at T30 schools with their sights set on JAG. Get into the best school you can. I got into every school that I sent an app to. Give yourself every advantage you can.

Black Hat

Bronze

Re: Prior Marine

Post by Black Hat » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:32 am

OP
Last edited by Black Hat on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ramius

Gold

Post by Ramius » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:03 am

Wow, you still don't get it. They are dying to get you to APPLY. That doesn't mean you'll get accepted. You have a shot because of your service, much better than the average applicant, but it's still not a guarantee by any means.

Quit coming on message boards to be a dick to people, keep gunning hard for JAG and you might just get it. I really hope you're not this needlessly confrontational in real life, because you come off horribly and not at all what I expect from a fellow military officer.

Good luck with the rest of law school and with the JAG application process.

Edit: nvm, you're not doing JAG, which is all the better for the military.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ScottRiqui

Gold

Post by ScottRiqui » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:52 am

Like MS85 said, the recruiter bro at USC has nothing to do with whether you'll actually be accepted - there are boards, interviews, and a national pool of applicants, most of whom have equal or better qualifications. But since you're not considering JAG any longer, I guess that's moot.

For anyone just joining us who can't make heads or tails of the redacted thread, let's re-cap:

OP has parlayed a Harvard-worthy uGPA and a free education via the GI Bill all the way to a likely career in South Cackalacky's thriving small law/mid law/retail industry. Yay OP!!!!!?

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Black Hat wrote:All,

I am the OP
No shit. You realize your username appears with all of your inane posts, right?

The advice you got here was totally correct. Begging people to APPLY does not mean guaranteed acceptance. Your complete inability to grasp basic shit really helps reconcile your crappy LSAT with your awesome gpa. Online diploma mill, right?

Sincerely,

Rufus T Firefly

twenty

Gold

Post by twenty » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:09 pm

Wasn't someone on another thread mentioning that the Marines just canceled their upcoming JAG board?

Black Hat

Bronze

Post by Black Hat » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:02 am

-OP
Last edited by Black Hat on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Black Hat

Bronze

Post by Black Hat » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:10 am

least.
Last edited by Black Hat on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Hat

Bronze

Post by Black Hat » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:15 am

!
Last edited by Black Hat on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

ScottRiqui

Gold

Post by ScottRiqui » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:28 am

Black Hat wrote:
ScottRiqui wrote: all the way to a likely career in South Cackalacky's thriving small law/mid law/retail industry. Yay OP!!!!!?
I chose the school because I want to be a part of the "thriving small law/mid law/retail industry." Everyone does not want to work in a big city in New York or California. You can make a good living in a small town as well. Moreover, I love the South!
I still believe you greatly (and needlessly) limited your options by refusing to retake the LSAT, but if USC gets you where you want to be, then it will have all worked out in the end.

Black Hat

Bronze

Post by Black Hat » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:30 am

Thanks
Last edited by Black Hat on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”