3.5X/173, chances for UPenn or $$

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
phillywc

3.5X/173, chances for UPenn or $$

Postby phillywc » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:56 pm

Hello everyone. MyLSN and conventional wisdom are clashing a bit. I want Philly Big Law as my end goal, so UPenn is really my goal unless I get another t-14 with $$.

wheee edit
Last edited by phillywc on Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lavitz

Re: 3.51/173, chances for UPenn or $$

Postby Lavitz » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:08 pm

phillywc wrote:Hello everyone. MyLSN and conventional wisdom are clashing a bit. I want Philly Big Law as my end goal, so UPenn is really my goal unless I get another t-14 with $$.

What's the CW that's clashing with mylsn?

This is what I get:

And that seems about right to me because you're below Penn's gpa median and they yield-protect. So they wouldn't want to accept you and then spend $$ to buy you away if they figure you'll get in / get money at another school that doesn't care as much about the gpa--such as NYU. That's not to say you can't get in with a good Why Penn, but I think mylsn makes sense here.

I would apply to Columbia on down and see what happens. You'll probably get $$ in at least a few schools.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:10 pm

For Penns admission reporting, it makes no difference at all between a 3.5/3.65. They want you for your LSAT. Apply widely this year and if you don't like your results, don't hesitate to reapply with your higher GPA.

Also, apply widely. I don't think Pennsylvania biglaw is out of the question from other t14s if you have strong ties

phillywc

Postby phillywc » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:15 pm

Man :/ I wish I could ED on the condition I got any sort of money. I'd go to Penn for like, 20k. I can live at home so I have a built in scholly. I almost want to ED but I feel like i'm wasting my LSAT a bit if I do that.

Return to “What are my chances?”