Questions about S/NC grades and chances

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
bulky_roll

Questions about S/NC grades and chances

Postby bulky_roll » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to these forums, but I've heard they are a great source of information and advice. I graduated from Brown a few years ago. My LSAC GPA is 3.88, but I took four mandatory S/NC (pass/fail in Brown's terms) courses (all of which I passed) and also studied abroad for a semester. All study abroad grades are translated into Brown transcripts as S/NC. How will law schools interpret my GPA given that there are a significant number of non-ABC grades on it? Does it matter that I could not have taken those courses for an ABC grade?

Aside from that, I am interested in getting a rough estimate of where I stand contingent on different LSAT scores. I have not taken the test yet, but in limited practice have been in the high 160s. I realize the LSAT is possibly the most important part of the application and it is difficult to evaluate chances without it.

I don't really know what other factors make a difference for my profile. I doubt I have any extraordinary soft factors. I have been working in consulting/applied economic research for a few years and have also previously worked doing statistical research for professional sports teams.

Anyway, if anyone has insight into the S/NC questions, that would be great. If you could provide me of a rough sketch of where I could hope to land with an LSAT of either 166-169, 170-171, or 172-174, that would be even better.

Any other advice is appreciated too since I am not well-versed in the law school admissions process.

bulky_roll

Re: Questions about S/NC grades and chances

Postby bulky_roll » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Thought I would bump this up in case anybody has any insight into my questions.

t-14orbust

Postby t-14orbust » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Last edited by t-14orbust on Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twenty

Postby twenty » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:55 pm

As long as you have 61+ credits of graded material, your LSAC GPA will be calculated according to the letter grades on your transcript. Pass/fail grades won't be included.

Return to “What are my chances?”