Goddard College

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
8to1odds

Goddard College

Postby 8to1odds » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:30 pm

I am a senior at Goddard College. Goddard doesn't have numerical grade point averages. Faculty advisors write a qualitative analysis of student work each semester in lieu of a letter grade. Although the school is low-residency and I, among many others, will receive a bachelors in "individualized studies" (not a very descriptive term), it is an accredited institution, with history, and respected where it is known.

I wonder how the absence of all of these things: grade point average, university name recognition, conventional degree will effect my law school application.

I have 168 on practice LSAT.

Thanks for your help

jbagelboy

Re: Goddard College

Postby jbagelboy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:07 pm

Like with international students, without an LSAC GPA, your application will be 90% LSAT score. the LSAT will be even more important for you than it is for applicants with traditional GPAs. I would basically look at schools where you hit between median and 75th, and those will be your targets.

Your school must have some mechanism for informing LSAC and medical school boards of its students grading scale. There will be some way to measure academic achievement, but again, you will basically be your LSAT score plus whatever softs you have.

twenty

Re: Goddard College

Postby twenty » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:28 pm

No GPAer here. There have been a couple folks here with no GPA that were pretty royally screwed over this cycle. We had two applicants with identical softs and identical (URM) races, but one kid had a 3.88/165 and the other had a none/167. The 167 was lucky to get Berkeley, the 165 got both H and S. My no GPA friend had a 173 and only got into UCI and UCLA.

If you look at international applicants' LSN profiles, you'll see people with 174+ that don't get anything above NYU.

Return to “What are my chances?”