Engineering Major

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lost129

Engineering Major

Postby lost129 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Last edited by lost129 on Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

WokeUpInACar

Re: 164/3.66 Engineering Major

Postby WokeUpInACar » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:50 pm

lost129 wrote:I have an understanding of my chances at different perspective schools, but question how my softs will be viewed. My undergraduate degree is in civil engineering and have done various work within the profession through a co-op education program and internship experience. Work experience includes 2 years in the construction industry acting as a project manager (managed couple hundred thousand dollar projects) and a QA/QC assistant (checked for quality throughout any civil work on the job). My main question is will my previous opportunities give me any boost whatsoever?

I plan to apply this fall to UGA/UNC as my primary targets. My reach schools will be UT - Austin/Vanderbilt.

Thanks in advance for your time.

A very slight one I suppose, but far less than a single additional LSAT point would provide. You have to retake the LSAT. 3-4 more points would give you a decent shot at your reach schools and huge $$$ at UGA/UNC.

jbagelboy

Re: 164/3.66 Engineering Major

Postby jbagelboy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:52 pm

I think you know the answer. Your experience will give you the check mark for "WE", and little else. It won't make a significant bump in your chances at schools with LSAT medians 166+.

On the other hand, your goals are reasonable with UNC/UGA, and you should be in at both. If you really want UT or Vandy and you aren't from Texas, you know retake is TCR.

On an unrelated note, what projects have you been involved with? I work at a consulting firm that does a lot of project advisory and litigation work with big construction companies and projects both domestic & international

lost129

Re: Engineering Major

Postby lost129 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:07 pm

Return to “What are my chances?”