2.3 GPA, 157 LSAT. Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
hopingtoattend

New

Re: 2.3 GPA, 157 LSAT.

Post by hopingtoattend » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:03 am

Nova wrote:Take in both Oct. Plan on applying to UW/UIUC and all the shit schools in WI/IL.

Then we can evaluate your offers in 6-9 months
I'm going to retake it in October and shoot for a 165+, then I'll apply and see where I am.

Thank you for the advice. Good night everyone.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:04 am

You've got the worst attitude on here. You're trying to shove a round peg into a square hole even when your teacher is telling you not to. These are shit schools. The will only give you a coin flip's chance at landing a job and even then, probably not a well paying one. Why not skip the three year vacation and debt, and just find another job?

hopingtoattend

New

Post by hopingtoattend » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:04 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:You've got the worst attitude on here. You're trying to shove a round peg into a square hole even when your teacher is telling you not to. These are shit schools. The will only give you a coin flip's chance at landing a job and even then, probably not a well paying one. Why not skip the three year vacation and debt, and just find another job?
You know someone is a troll when asking questions and gathering information is "the worst attitude here" to them.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:06 am

hopingtoattend wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:You've got the worst attitude on here. You're trying to shove a round peg into a square hole even when your teacher is telling you not to. These are shit schools. The will only give you a coin flip's chance at landing a job and even then, probably not a well paying one. Why not skip the three year vacation and debt, and just find another job?
You know someone is a troll when asking questions and gathering information is "the worst attitude here" to them.

I was referring specifically to the "not listening portion" of your posting tonight, or whatever shitty description you want to call it.

hopingtoattend

New

Post by hopingtoattend » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:07 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:
hopingtoattend wrote:

I was referring specifically to the "not listening portion" of your posting tonight, or whatever shitty description you want to call it.
No, you were referring to the part where I don't run off and cry because my chances are slim and you're all negative.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:08 am

Never go full retard bro. You just lost us all.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:08 am

hopingtoattend wrote:
See my post for a nicer version of Mal's hard truth.

hopingtoattend

New

Post by hopingtoattend » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:10 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:Never go full retard bro. You just lost us all.
"I don't have a proper response, so here's an insult."
jbagelboy wrote:
hopingtoattend wrote:
I saw your post. I'm going to politely disagree for now. After I retake the LSAT, I'll be in a better position to see whether I should really reconsider. I'm confident I can attend a good school if I get a 165+.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:14 am

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:14 am

hopingtoattend wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
hopingtoattend wrote:
I saw your post. I'm going to politely disagree for now. After I retake the LSAT, I'll be in a better position to see whether I should really reconsider. I'm confident I can attend a good school if I get a 165+.
What is a good school to you?

justcallmeit

New

Post by justcallmeit » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:35 am

hopingtoattend wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
hopingtoattend wrote:
I had a 16x, a 4.1x and barely got into ND with zero financial aid. There is no way on God's green earth you're going to get into a decent school with that GPA. If you really, really, REALLY want to go to law school (for some reason we can't quite figure out), get a job, take night classes to boost that GPA and distance yourself from undergrad with work experience and then apply in another ten years. Law school isn't going anywhere.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:44 am

justcallmeit wrote:
hopingtoattend wrote: I saw your post. I'm going to politely disagree for now. After I retake the LSAT, I'll be in a better position to see whether I should really reconsider. I'm confident I can attend a good school if I get a 165+.
I had a 16x, a 4.1x and barely got into ND with zero financial aid. There is no way on God's green earth you're going to get into a decent school with that GPA. If you really, really, REALLY want to go to law school (for some reason we can't quite figure out), get a job, take night classes to boost that GPA and distance yourself from undergrad with work experience and then apply in another ten years. Law school isn't going anywhere.
Yea... so I hope you are retaking for 170+ as well. Please don't attend ND at sticker.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:58 am

justcallmeit wrote:There is no way on God's green earth you're going to get into a decent school with that GPA.
Meh. Midwest flagships may take him.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:00 am

jbagelboy wrote:Yea... so I hope you are retaking for 170+ as well. Please don't attend ND at sticker.
Looks like It may be going to Penn State, hopefully on a full ride...

It, you should retake in october instead of going to a TT with no home market thats in a 3 way tie for 2nd best law school in the state.

bananapeanutbutter

Bronze

Post by bananapeanutbutter » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:08 am

OP, if you're really responsible for caring for all these aging people, LS is a bad choice because you're at a huge time disadvantage relative to your peers who don't need to care for people. Moreover, you can't expect to support people from these schools. Even top quarter at UW is pulling in 60-70k a year which after loan repayment is 45 or so. I just don't see how LS helps you with your goals. Is there medical insurance? You likely need to choose b/w caring for everyone or going to law school. It isn't realistic to do both well simultaneously particularly in these states.

Scotchandsoda

New

Post by Scotchandsoda » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:40 am

hopingtoattend wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:I'm pretty sure this is a flame, but just in case, I will say this in the nicest way possible.
Do not pay any money for these schools period.
A flame? I've never heard that terminology used in any online forum.

Why shouldn't I pay money? They're good schools, their application pages make it seem like my LSAT gives me a chance to attend, and they're within driving distance.

Def a flame.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:45 am

Scotchandsoda wrote:
hopingtoattend wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:I'm pretty sure this is a flame, but just in case, I will say this in the nicest way possible.
Do not pay any money for these schools period.
A flame? I've never heard that terminology used in any online forum.

Why shouldn't I pay money? They're good schools, their application pages make it seem like my LSAT gives me a chance to attend, and they're within driving distance.

Def a flame.
Meh. Like 80% of test takers score below 160 and at least some of them know how to use the internet.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

francesfarmer

Silver

Post by francesfarmer » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:09 am

justcallmeit wrote: I had a 16x, a 4.1x and barely got into ND with zero financial aid. There is no way on God's green earth you're going to get into a decent school with that GPA. If you really, really, REALLY want to go to law school (for some reason we can't quite figure out), get a job, take night classes to boost that GPA and distance yourself from undergrad with work experience and then apply in another ten years. Law school isn't going anywhere.
Not how it works assuming OP has already graduated from UG

justcallmeit

New

Post by justcallmeit » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:47 am

Nova wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:Yea... so I hope you are retaking for 170+ as well. Please don't attend ND at sticker.
Looks like It may be going to Penn State, hopefully on a full ride...

It, you should retake in october instead of going to a TT with no home market thats in a 3 way tie for 2nd best law school in the state.
Yeah I'm going to Penn State with a full ride. Too debt averse to shoot for the stars and contemplate landing on 200K of non dischargeable debt.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:18 am

You could do so much better

I hope you like rural Pennsylvania

justcallmeit

New

Post by justcallmeit » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:01 pm

Last edited by justcallmeit on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:05 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:15 pm

If this somehow isn't a flame, I legitimately feel sorry for OP. Wow.

DaRascal

Gold

Post by DaRascal » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:25 pm

Hmmmm... I would say retake and if you get that 165 maybe you can get huge scholarship money to a school like Northern Illinois or Marquette. Don't give up, my friend. You can do this! A 2.3 isn't pretty but there are mitigating circumstances surrounding that number and, more importantly, you are NOT defined by a silly number. If I were you I would retake it and try to get a full ride somewhere and then work extremely hard at the school you eventually go to.

tmanthedman

New

Post by tmanthedman » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:16 am

Last edited by tmanthedman on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”