170/3.86 ish

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
OliveBC

170/3.86 ish

Postby OliveBC » Mon May 27, 2013 7:36 pm

My gpa will be between 3.85 - 3.87 when I graduate so I figure somewhere in the middle is a safe bet.

I won't be applying until 2014 (to enter 2015)
I was wondering what TLSers expect as far as # of apps at that time...will they still be down/further down/rising?

Currently mylsn is looking pretty good for my numbers (especially if you only look at the last 2 cycles or so) but I was wondering if everyone thinks low app #s will continue to help us for the next few years.

Btw I am really hoping for Duke with $$$...could I negotiate for hopefully 100-120K with my stats or should I retake and shoot for a 173? The sample size for stats like this in the past few cycles is so low that there isn't really any good info on how much $$ I could get with a 173.

ManOfTheMinute

Re: 170/3.86 ish

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon May 27, 2013 7:40 pm

I doubt apps will uptick drastically over the next two years - at a max, they would reach last year's levels. look at your target schools' 75th percentile... if its between a 170 and a 173, you could consider retaking. If you're above it anyway, might not be worth risking it.

loomstate

Postby loomstate » Mon May 27, 2013 7:41 pm

if you think you could score higher, retake for more cash

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Mon May 27, 2013 7:45 pm

Thanks! I was hoping that would be the case. Duke's 75th is right at 170 according to the TLS profile (I don't know how up to date that is though)

Although I do think I have the potential to do better, I am definitely afraid of retaking and doing worse the second time (I know a lot of unfortunate souls that this happened to)

Does having a lower score the second time around hurt you substantially?

...besides the obvious annoyance of having gone through the pain and suffering of studying again :cry:

LSATSCORES2012

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:46 pm

these are my #'s... you can see my cycle at http://lawschoolnumbers.com/lsatscores2012

I'd bet that you're in at NYU on down with a shot at YSH and Chicago if you have good softs (because of how long Y and S took to reject me I think they at least put me through faculty review) and perhaps H too. Columbia is probably out but I suppose there's a chance.

Probably getting scholarship money from just about everywhere that you get in... if you don't get any from NYU, appeal - that's what I did.

And, of course, retake :D

Best of luck!

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Mon May 27, 2013 7:51 pm

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:these are my #'s... you can see my cycle at http://lawschoolnumbers.com/lsatscores2012

I'd bet that you're in at NYU on down with a shot at YSH and Chicago if you have good softs (because of how long Y and S took to reject me I think they at least put me through faculty review) and perhaps H too. Columbia is probably out but I suppose there's a chance.

Probably getting scholarship money from just about everywhere that you get in... if you don't get any from NYU, appeal - that's what I did.

Best of luck!

Thanks!!

Unfortunately my softs aren't anything special :( (honors thesis, teaching assistant, research assistant that type of stuff)

EDIT: Would working for a year or two as a research assistant at a think tank in DC be considered good work experience/help boost my not so exciting softs? Also does Americorps matter whatsoever? I would be doing it in my college town next year.

bruin91

Postby bruin91 » Mon May 27, 2013 11:42 pm

OliveBC wrote:
LSATSCORES2012 wrote:these are my #'s... you can see my cycle at http://lawschoolnumbers.com/lsatscores2012

Best of luck!

Thanks!!

Unfortunately my softs aren't anything special :( (honors thesis, teaching assistant, research assistant that type of stuff)

EDIT: Would working for a year or two as a research assistant at a think tank in DC be considered good work experience/help boost my not so exciting softs? Also does Americorps matter whatsoever? I would be doing it in my college town next year.

I think you'll be in better shape for a Mordecai with a 172-173 (based off of previous recipients).

Best of luck Olive. From the convos on the Feb LSAT thread, I'm confident you can score higher.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon May 27, 2013 11:54 pm

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Tue May 28, 2013 9:24 am

Thanks Bruin, I guess I will be spending my life in the waiters thread again come October :lol:

bruin91

Postby bruin91 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:02 am

OliveBC wrote:Thanks Bruin, I guess I will be spending my life in the waiters thread again come October :lol:

Sure!!! But when you do increase your score, make sure to send out applications to the entire T14, including HYS. You should have a decent chance at one of the three, at least.

Return to “What are my chances?”