Part-time admission at Georgetown and GW...

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
mx23250

Part-time admission at Georgetown and GW...

Postby mx23250 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:49 pm

edited for privacy.
Last edited by mx23250 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

isuperserial

Re: Part-time admission at Georgetown and GW...

Postby isuperserial » Sat May 25, 2013 6:00 pm

Since your question isn't actually about your odds at Georgetown or GW, you should probably post this elsewhere. Law School FAQ is a safe bet, or Law School Admissions Forum.

That being said, getting into schools part time is generally slightly easier than full time, but it would be wise to weigh the extra year you will spend at a law school vs the amount of money you could make graduating a year earlier. If you're making good money now, part time makes sense. If you're not, maybe going full time would be more better long term.

Now, if you want actual advice on where to apply, what schools you can get into, study advice, etc. Then you should post your undergrad GPA and your LSAT or your most recent practice test.

Otherwise, good luck, and head over to the other subforums.

mx23250

Postby mx23250 » Sat May 25, 2013 6:09 pm

Thanks for the input and you're right, I think this post would have been more suitable elsewhere.
As for UGPA, it's ~3.0 unfortunately. I haven't taken the LSAT yet as I'm registered to take it in October, but my latest practice test was a 168 and it's been steadily rising so I'm hoping to get to the early to mid 170s by October. As you can tell, I would be quite the splitter and a high LSAT is really my only chance at getting into a good tier 1 school.

isuperserial

Postby isuperserial » Sun May 26, 2013 3:06 am

mx23250 wrote:Thanks for the input and you're right, I think this post would have been more suitable elsewhere.
As for UGPA, it's ~3.0 unfortunately. I haven't taken the LSAT yet as I'm registered to take it in October, but my latest practice test was a 168 and it's been steadily rising so I'm hoping to get to the early to mid 170s by October. As you can tell, I would be quite the splitter and a high LSAT is really my only chance at getting into a good tier 1 school.

Oh you'll be fine. Study your ass off on the LSAT, get mid 170s and you'll be a-okay.

Return to “What are my chances?”