Do I realistically have a chance anywhere?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lawschoolcycle2013

Do I realistically have a chance anywhere?

Postby lawschoolcycle2013 » Tue May 14, 2013 5:15 pm

Onto my question ..... 1). With law school applications down this year and given that I want to apply Fall 2013 cycle, and have a 173 LSAT/2.4 UGPA....Is it possible that a top 25, or top 50 school will take the gpa hit and accept me? 2). I have read posts on here before about others with excessive course withdrawals inquiring if they can still gain admission, and a professor told me that if you have as little as 3 or 4 withdrawals on transcript grad schools wont even look at you, and obviously I have WAAAY more, since many semesters I started off enrolling in 5 courses and only finishing two. How much will the withdrawals effect me? Can I ever get in anywhere, despite the withdrawals, the low gpa of 2.4 and the 173 LSAT. Any help would be most appreciated............
Last edited by lawschoolcycle2013 on Tue May 14, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thatdude222

Re: Do I realistically have a chance anywhere?

Postby thatdude222 » Tue May 14, 2013 5:31 pm

Do you happen to be an underrepresented minority?

lawschoolcycle2013

Postby lawschoolcycle2013 » Tue May 14, 2013 5:31 pm

Unfortunately I am not an underrepresented minority, just a non-traditional applicant, which I dont suspect will help in the least.

WokeUpInACar

Postby WokeUpInACar » Tue May 14, 2013 5:32 pm

I'm not sure why you felt the need to alt and make another thread about this.

thatdude222

Postby thatdude222 » Tue May 14, 2013 5:52 pm

Your question: Do I realistically have a chance anywhere?
My answer: Yes.

I am also an older applicant, 170+ LSAT, sub-3.0 GPA. My transcript is ugly as well... several course drops, several retakes, several major changes. With your LSAT you ARE going to have a chance at admission, though it may not be where you want and it may not be at a school that is going to give you the best career options upon graduation. But yes, you do have a chance somewhere. The GPA is going to be what hurts you, not the course drops and retakes.

Do you at least have an upward trend in your grades in the latter half of undergrad? Work experience during undergrad?

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Tue May 14, 2013 6:56 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:I'm not sure why you felt the need to alt and make another thread about this.

if this is true and you are the same person, then, you suck and mods will find you and take you out navy seal style.

If you are actually a different person in the same boat: of course you will get into a law school. your GPA is just too horrible for any decent schools that can employ you and its a shame with that great LSAT. The withdrawals are not the problem -- college counselors keep saying shit like this but its largely irrelevant compared to your grades. It's more like, if two students both have 3.85 and apply to Harvard, and one has a bunch of W's on their transcript and the other has none, they will take the one without W's. Your case is totally different.

As another person said, some schools will admit you because you will single handedly make their LSAT median that year, but these will not be schools worth attending. I don't even think UMN would touch below 2.5 and thats the T20 school that comes closest (so its definitely worth applying there). If you get over 2.6 then you start having a shot at some T25 with some $.

I don't know what careers are available to someone with your UGPA, but if I were you I would seriously evaluate your life goals and what you can reasonably accomplish, then come back to thinking about law school if you've exhausted all other decent options where your college grades won't be an impediment.

good luck

Return to “What are my chances?”