GO to GW or RETAKE?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

GO to GW or RETAKE?

Go to GW?
11%
Retake June LSAT?
11%
Retake October LSAT?
79%

Total votes: 19

W$RKliveWELL

GO to GW or RETAKE?

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Sun May 05, 2013 1:39 am

Could use an unbias opinion
3.78/149 LSAT. URM female and gay. Good resume pre law program, internships, early grad, legal assistant job.
Accepted at GW this cycle little to no money waitlisted at Columbia everything else way out of top 20 lots of top 20 declines!
Considering how I scored Im lucky to have got in but feel I could do better with that score all you can go is up. Better oppportunities of employment graduating from top 14? Being to ambitious?..idk. Should I be happy with top 20 and go to GW or retake Oct 2013. Guess my biggest concern is not doing significantly better and ending up not even getting back into GW. Planned to retake for this June so I could know without declining GW offer but that wont happen ill need to pass up their offer. ANY Advice?

Micdiddy

Re: GO to GW or RETAKE?

Postby Micdiddy » Sun May 05, 2013 2:24 am

Definitely retake. What did you do to study the first time around? Whatever it was, do much more.

twenty

Postby twenty » Sun May 05, 2013 2:36 am

Retake. Look, even if you JUST work on games, you'll end up in the low 160's, which will be enough to get a T14 nibble or three.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Sun May 05, 2013 3:46 am

You have a 3.78 gpa. You're URM (Which I'm assuming is AA). PLEASE RETAKE for OCTOBER.

W$RKliveWELL

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Sun May 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Thank you everyone for responding. The 149 was with princeton review and about 3 months of studying. I scored lower than what I had been avg on practice test low to mid 150s. GW is a great school but I dont think I can be one and done with an exam as important as this one. I plan to dedicate myself to atleast 5 months of studying until Oct exm I have every book you could imagine just need to stick to a structured study schedule since Im working full time.

I only see the benefits of retaking with the situation Im in but im open to all opinions.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon May 06, 2013 10:22 am

Great decision, I hope it pays huge dividends for you (and I think it will).

Check out the threads and resources on the LSAT Forum here on TLS. There are some great guides to doing well.

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Mon May 06, 2013 11:19 am

W$RKliveWELL wrote:Thank you everyone for responding. The 149 was with princeton review and about 3 months of studying. I scored lower than what I had been avg on practice test low to mid 150s. GW is a great school but I dont think I can be one and done with an exam as important as this one. I plan to dedicate myself to atleast 5 months of studying until Oct exm I have every book you could imagine just need to stick to a structured study schedule since Im working full time.

I only see the benefits of retaking with the situation Im in but im open to all opinions.

Kudos for being willing to make one of the best decisions of your life (i.e., retaking). The fact that Columbia WLed you with a 149 LSAT tells me that your softs are of high value. Shoot for the 170s, knowing that if you'll have a fantastic cycle if you can even hit the mid-160s (especially given your URM status). Good luck.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Mon May 06, 2013 1:34 pm

If you hit 165+ enjoy being harvard and stanford URM candy next year. I'll be excited for your cycle. STUDY HARD AND PROFIT

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Mon May 06, 2013 1:44 pm

W$RKliveWELL wrote:Thank you everyone for responding. The 149 was with princeton review and about 3 months of studying. I scored lower than what I had been avg on practice test low to mid 150s. GW is a great school but I dont think I can be one and done with an exam as important as this one. I plan to dedicate myself to atleast 5 months of studying until Oct exm I have every book you could imagine just need to stick to a structured study schedule since Im working full time.

If you have the means, I think you could benefit from a private tutor. There's something to be said for someone that can adjust to your personal needs. If you don't go with a private tutor, I would recommend making heavy use of the LSAT forum here. Find a study partner (someone PTing in the 170s could benefit from explaining things to you just as much as you could benefit from someone with more LSAT knowledge), work hard, and profit like crazy.

W$RKliveWELL

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Mon May 06, 2013 5:44 pm

Thank you all !!!!! Really appreciate the motivation and support on this decision.

NoodleyOne I was thinking of PT but I believe I need to work a lot more on the fundamentals before I seek help from someone else. I figured I need to make improvements on my own and closer to Oct consider a tutor for the final stretch.

Again this is all talk and can quickly turn into a bad decision without the motivation and focus behind it so I will become one with this forum for the next year. Any retakers who want to share their experience im all ears.

Return to “What are my chances?”