do I have any chance at all?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lawschoolwondering
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:25 am

do I have any chance at all?

Postby lawschoolwondering » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:39 am

I graduated from high school in 2003. I started off as a nursing major and the first couple of years I had relatively good grades. In 2005, both my parents became ill and I had to care for them, and I was diagnosed with coronary artery disease. This is now 2013, and I am a college senior, and my transcript gpa is 2.60, but the absolute law school gpa is 2.15 at this point. I took the LSAT in February and received a score of 168. I recently changed my major to BS in Health Services Administration. I met with an advisor today and she said that I could graduate with my degree August 2014, which leaves me with 70 credit hours left to take. I told her I was doing better from my disease and my parents were better and the next 4-5 semesters I was confident I could get A's.

She said and I quote, "I am a grad student so I am not really familiar with law school, but I doubt it will ever work out because you have failed courses (which you retook) and have a lot of course withdrawals which i understand wont be punitive" but when you apply to grad school, if you have even 3-4 W's, they wont even consider your application. She told me I didnt have any change of grad school in any department.

My overall accum is 2.60, the gpa law school would compute right now would be 2.15 and my LSAT is 168. I do have 70 more credit hours until August '14, which could bring my absolute gpa up to 2.5 or 2.6.

My advisor said it doesnt matter how good or improved my numbers (LSAT and gpa are) when I apply Fall 2014, that they wont consider me with a transcript with W's and retakes.

Do I have a chance at all OR is it hopeless?

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22776
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:44 am

There seem to be lots of people on this board who have got into law school with Ws/retakes on their transcripts. You may find that a 2.5-2.6 is nonetheless too low to get you into a school worth attending, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be because of the Ws/retakes - it would just be because of the GPA.

(Can't speak to other grad fields, of course.)

qwertyboard
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:03 am

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby qwertyboard » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:53 am

W doesn't matter that much. Highest LSAT and LSAC GPA is what matters.

I'm sorry to be the first to tell you this but even though 168 is a really good score and you should be proud your GPA will hold you back a lot.

I would only go to law school if you get 175+ on the LSAT and somehow can get into a top 20 with money. Is not worth it for you to attend a lower ranked school unless you have a job lined up or all your expenses are paid for.

2 things...

Be sure you are ready to meet the demands of law school. It's more demanding than college.

Also.... why do you want to go to law school? Law School shouldn't be alternative for people that don't know what they want in their lifes. I would only recommend LS to those who know that WANT to becomes attorneys and know what it involves. All those advisor and deans saying LS adds skills that could be used in other jobs and are valued by employers are wrong. LS is for becoming a lawyer. And It adds 200k in debt.


PS I got into a top 10 with 4 Ws.
Last edited by qwertyboard on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

lawschoolwondering
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:25 am

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby lawschoolwondering » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:57 am

I've known I wanted to go to law school since 2008, and have done thorough research, so this isnt because I dont know what I want to do. I switched my major to BS in Health management, so I can at least have a halfway decent job before I apply to law school instead of a liberal arts degree. Although I have a 168, I havent stopped prepping for the LSAT, I am shooting for 170 or higher.

I just am worried that with 26 Withdrawals and at least 5 course retakes, I will be dinged without even looking at the numbers.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22776
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 pm

No, your advisor is wrong about the effect of withdrawals/retakes. They're not going to auto-ding you. Your GPA is the problem.

Ti Malice
Posts: 1955
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:55 am

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby Ti Malice » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:42 pm

lawschoolwondering wrote:I just am worried that with 26 Withdrawals and at least 5 course retakes, I will be dinged without even looking at the numbers.


This in and of itself will not cause you problems. It's the GPA that will cause you problems. You have what sound like very legitimate medical reasons for at least some of those Ws. If you explain the circumstances in an addendum, the withdrawals themselves will not be problematic.

Have you looked into petitioning for retroactive medical withdrawal from certain semesters? I have no idea what your transcript looks like, but if you have some terrible grades concentrated in a semester or two, it would be smart to explore the possibility of getting those grades wiped off your record. This is the only realistic way to do major repair work on your real problem -- namely, your GPA.

User avatar
cahwc12
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby cahwc12 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:06 am

Your post has seemingly conflicting information in it, but if I assume correctly, if you make straight A's you'll graduate with a 3.23.

If you have 70 hours left, logically you should only have 50 hours under your belt, which would make you a sophomore and not a senior. Are you a senior by your own consideration, or do you intend to graduate with 160+ credit hours with a fluff major (that would give you a 2.96)? How many hours have you taken already, and how much did you study for the LSAT? Retaking probably won't help you too much with a GPA that low, but perhaps it could. Several people got admitted to CCN with 3.2's and high LSATs this cycle. And at least at CCN, sticker can potentially be justifiable.

If you can make straight A's, I think that will go a long way toward mitigating what seems like a compelling reason for a low GPA. That said, you will still be hampered by it, and you need to think long and hard about whether you want to apply to schools with a 3.23 / 168 (which is a best case scenario). Many people with better numbers than that don't go anywhere near law school because the costs are exorbitant and the employment numbers, while seemingly slowly improving, are still grim and are likely to remain grim for the foreseeable future.

The reason I say this is because with your low GPA, you will be out of most significant scholarship consideration, which will keep your COA very high.

MikeyG10is
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby MikeyG10is » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:49 pm

I've been looking forward to writing this email to all the asshats that get their rocks off perusing the forums telling people they don't have a shot at going to a great law school. Obviously, you (the forum poster) and I are different but we "had" the same concerns. I hope I give you a little bit more optimism...
I graduated from a great Big 10 school in 2006 with a 2.8gpa in one of the intense chemistries. Granted I was a scholarship D1 athlete and my major was extremely difficult (unlike the history major who writes "good" in these forums lambasting potential great attorneys) but all I read was that law schools look at the numbers and everything else is "soft" i.e. very soft. So in the years since, I EARNED a master's degree (I know, I know, "law schools don't care about master's degrees because the grades are inflated and the programs are 'all very easy'"), been published in several magazines and journals for my work in the pharmaceutical industry, and have done some philanthropy events for a center for autistic children. I have always wanted to be an attorney and all the forums said NO because apparently everyone who goes on these things are EXPERTS IN ADMISSIONS. Well, here is how I turned out for the better schools I applied to:
2.8gpa undergrad in 2006 and a 160LSAT score (after a retake):
Minnesota - In with $
Wisconsin - In
Colorado - In with $
Denver - In with $$$$
Chicago-Kent - In with $$$$
Cardozo - In with $$$$$$$$$

The point is, give it your best shot because you have nothing to lose but a couple of dollars in applications (ask for fee waivers) and hang in there. It's stressful but fun when you (and you will) get in to some school; for me, Minnesota and Wisco were cracking the very expensive wine from Napa I had.

Now, i'm not going to be public about where I am going but you can write me and I'll tell you. It's not the obvious choice.

Good luck with that 168. I read people describing anything less than a 170 as "not worth attending a law school." It's all garbage from people who are probably lying to build themselves up.

My girlfriend was the opposite of me. She was an Ivy League alumna with a master's as well. Much better student but not the experience I have. We both chose where we wanted to go (at separate times because I met her while she was in law school) based on where we want to practice and our families. The best advice she gave me was: "Stay the hell away from these forums."

Good luck and even if you don't get in this year, build up your experience and you'll get there.

User avatar
cahwc12
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby cahwc12 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:02 pm

MikeyG10is wrote:I've been looking forward to writing this email to all the asshats that get their rocks off perusing the forums telling people they don't have a shot at going to a great law school. Obviously, you (the forum poster) and I are different but we "had" the same concerns. I hope I give you a little bit more optimism...
I graduated from a great Big 10 school in 2006 with a 2.8gpa in one of the intense chemistries. Granted I was a scholarship D1 athlete and my major was extremely difficult (unlike the history major who writes "good" in these forums lambasting potential great attorneys) but all I read was that law schools look at the numbers and everything else is "soft" i.e. very soft. So in the years since, I EARNED a master's degree (I know, I know, "law schools don't care about master's degrees because the grades are inflated and the programs are 'all very easy'"), been published in several magazines and journals for my work in the pharmaceutical industry, and have done some philanthropy events for a center for autistic children. I have always wanted to be an attorney and all the forums said NO because apparently everyone who goes on these things are EXPERTS IN ADMISSIONS. Well, here is how I turned out for the better schools I applied to:
2.8gpa undergrad in 2006 and a 160LSAT score (after a retake):
Minnesota - In with $
Wisconsin - In
Colorado - In with $
Denver - In with $$$$
Chicago-Kent - In with $$$$
Cardozo - In with $$$$$$$$$

The point is, give it your best shot because you have nothing to lose but a couple of dollars in applications (ask for fee waivers) and hang in there. It's stressful but fun when you (and you will) get in to some school; for me, Minnesota and Wisco were cracking the very expensive wine from Napa I had.

Now, i'm not going to be public about where I am going but you can write me and I'll tell you. It's not the obvious choice.

Good luck with that 168. I read people describing anything less than a 170 as "not worth attending a law school." It's all garbage from people who are probably lying to build themselves up.

My girlfriend was the opposite of me. She was an Ivy League alumna with a master's as well. Much better student but not the experience I have. We both chose where we wanted to go (at separate times because I met her while she was in law school) based on where we want to practice and our families. The best advice she gave me was: "Stay the hell away from these forums."

Good luck and even if you don't get in this year, build up your experience and you'll get there.


I was really expecting this to be a brag about how you're a successful lawyer, but instead it just shows the same slew of terrible options that await anyone with a GPA that low. If all those dollar signs at cardozo equate to a full ride, that could potentially be worth considering, but it's more likely that all of those options are still going to leave you high and dry.

Your post makes it seem like you feel you've won something or are somehow vindicated, but really it's a badge of continued willful ignorance at your willingness to invest years if not decades of your (potential) future earnings for a job you seemingly also know nothing about other than that you 'really want it.' That list of schools is nothing to be proud of, even if it seems like an accomplishment given your GPA handicap.

MikeyG10is
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby MikeyG10is » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:49 pm

I'm curious... What does "high and dry" mean? I'll change my statement to "the only way to be a successful lawyer is to go to Harvard." Feel better about yourself cahwc12? What CAHWC12 wants you to think is that all of the schools out of the T14 that keep producing "poor attorneys" year after year continue to fill seats with only impressionable "children" who get conned into believing something that actually won't happen. Year after year we keep following the last year's graduates off the same cliff like lemmings while these 200 other schools keep taking our tuition.

What might get you in trouble is coming straight out of undergrad without any experience or any idea of what you want to do OR any idea of where you want to practice.

Good luck at Yale CAHWC. You're right, only the 2-300 attorneys who finish law school every year do well while the rest of group is left "high and dry" (whatever that means).

User avatar
cahwc12
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby cahwc12 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:10 pm

MikeyG10is wrote:I'm curious... What does "high and dry" mean? I'll change my statement to "the only way to be a successful lawyer is to go to Harvard." Feel better about yourself cahwc12? What CAHWC12 wants you to think is that all of the schools out of the T14 that keep producing "poor attorneys" year after year continue to fill seats with only impressionable "children" who get conned into believing something that actually won't happen. Year after year we keep following the last year's graduates off the same cliff like lemmings while these 200 other schools keep taking our tuition.

What might get you in trouble is coming straight out of undergrad without any experience or any idea of what you want to do OR any idea of where you want to practice.

Good luck at Yale CAHWC. You're right, only the 2-300 attorneys who finish law school every year do well while the rest of group is left "high and dry" (whatever that means).


Image

User avatar
Tekrul
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby Tekrul » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:39 pm

I'm not sure what kind of a stand you're taking here. I have a friend from Columbia who went head first into a risky venture capital deal and let 50% equity go. He sold his startup for 88 million and is taking home about 25. Should I also advise everyone I meet to do the same?

For every story like yours, there are 1,000 failures. And, no, you righteous crusader, I don't mean failures as in life, but those who failed to achieve the goal they set out for themselves at law school.

You aren't doing anyone any favors by offering stories of willful blindness. This should be a decision taken that considers all angles, all facts no matter how discouraging, and a well reasoned, logical approach. One look at lsn, lst, and the law school scam blog and you'd realize you are a Messiah of doom. Good for you that you had great results and given your intelligence level (top 10, science major) probably a good job in the future. But do you really believe your circumstance belongs to everyone? That is horribly flawed universalization at best and callous lack of sympathetic ability at worst.

Optimism has its place and time, but inappropriate optimism is tantamount to giving BAD advice. This is someone's future you are playing a hand in. Are you really going to send someone charging up the hill, into a lifetime of debt, and face weak job options with a strong possibility of an unfulfilling grind?

To the OP, I advise you strongly to look up "law school numbers", "law school transparency", and professor campos' inside the law school scam blog. Everyone saying things here are just opinions, I encourage you to look at some facts.

MikeyG10is
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby MikeyG10is » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:25 pm

Hey lawschoolwondering,
Don't go to law school. What they are assuming correctly is that I do have something lined up and I'm already in the 6 figures. Yes, you two pessimists are right, I may be unusual. Then again, I firmly believe that I'm not THAT unusual. I worked damn hard and it sounds like lawschoolwondering may be as well. If he/she's not, then, well, so be it. I "think" we're being a little melodramatic with the "Messiah of Doom." In fact, I'd like you to find me 1,000 failures because I haven't found them yet. But hey, Tekrul, keep reading your blogs. I take a look at how many posts you've made "70." I can't help but wonder if all 70 or only 90% of them are going around looking for posts like this telling people they should stay away. Did you, Tekrul, have a failure and YOU"RE pissed off about something. Sounds like your buddy cahwc12 hates life enough for the "900" posts he does on this website. Maybe both of you should get together and hate life together.

What I am saying to you, lawschoolwondering, is to weigh what you want to do. Don't get into this thing without having a plan. The idea that my story is 1 out of 1,000 is outrageous but if you get into this thinking you want to be the crowd (i.e. public defender, other criminal, or the like), you probably want to think about the competition you'd face getting out of law school. You'll lose to the guy/gal from a T14. However, if you've got a plan, a specialization that sets you apart, go for it. You're not getting into a Hedge Fund/Venture Capitalism where you really are playing the track, you're getting into school. School that you can either fuck up or not, but it's on you.

If you've got the plan and you still listen to these assholes you've never seen before who have posted countless times on this website (70... eh, not so bad, 900... you're a loser), you can live your life thinking about what could have been; or you can think about the financial risks (it's a relevant concern) but stick to your goal anyway. That's on you; not me and not them. The Messiah of Doom would be trying to convince you to dive into a hedge fund or a piece of land in northern Mexico. You could win or lose. I've never heard of anybody losing by investing in their education. Then again, Tekrul has met a thousand of them.

Like I said, it's on you.

-The Messiah of Doom

User avatar
Tekrul
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby Tekrul » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:43 pm

First of all, I'm flattered you've adopted my moniker. It's fitting.

Now I'd like to ask you to read the first post again and see if you can tell if the OP has a well defined notion of law school, knows at least one name for a common area of law to practice, isn't a k-JD hopeful that hasn't given enough thought to the commitment law school is, and has a realistic idea of how the law field is doing nowadays and how the employment numbers at school line up?

Perhaps he will have the tools to properly pursue law school after a few years of work. But do you truly believe he has them now? I spoke in his best interest. Not my own. A little WE can do him wonders and put his interrupted studies behind him.

And yes you're right. I did have failures in my life. And I learned from them. Perhaps you haven't heard that its the greatest teacher. Am I telling OP to lay down and let life beat him? I'm giving him advice from someone who's gotten back up. Take it how you may. You and I don't give two cents about each other, being anonymous forum posters. But I do give a cent about giving people advice I believe is right for them, and if we ever did meet in person, I'm sure you'd find me delightful.

Edit: not done. Given your rather exceptional story and job acquisition that more clearly outlines your intelligence, I just find it irresponsible of you to be playing advocate to a chance you know to be small and a debt that presents significant lifetime burden.

Still, I'd pull you in if I saw you losing your balance in the metro despite our less than hospitable exchange.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby Clearly » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:39 am

:lol:

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:49 am

MikeyG10is wrote:I've never heard of anybody losing by investing in their education.


You need to meet more law students.

OP: It's not hopeless, but you're GPA (not the withdrawals) will severely limit the schools who will even look at you. And keep in mind the goal shouldn't be to just get into a law school--there are law schools that will accept you. The goal should be attending a school that gives you a decent chance at a legal job afterwards and limiting your debt as much as possible. At the very least, I would start looking around for what your job prospects might be after graduating, so you have a comparison point between what you could do besides law school

User avatar
North
Posts: 4038
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby North » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:51 am

MikeyG10is wrote:Hey lawschoolwondering,
Don't go to law school. What they are assuming correctly is that I do have something lined up and I'm already in the 6 figures. Yes, you two pessimists are right, I may be unusual. Then again, I firmly believe that I'm not THAT unusual. I worked damn hard and it sounds like lawschoolwondering may be as well. If he/she's not, then, well, so be it. I "think" we're being a little melodramatic with the "Messiah of Doom." In fact, I'd like you to find me 1,000 failures because I haven't found them yet. But hey, Tekrul, keep reading your blogs. I take a look at how many posts you've made "70." I can't help but wonder if all 70 or only 90% of them are going around looking for posts like this telling people they should stay away. Did you, Tekrul, have a failure and YOU"RE pissed off about something. Sounds like your buddy cahwc12 hates life enough for the "900" posts he does on this website. Maybe both of you should get together and hate life together.

What I am saying to you, lawschoolwondering, is to weigh what you want to do. Don't get into this thing without having a plan. The idea that my story is 1 out of 1,000 is outrageous but if you get into this thinking you want to be the crowd (i.e. public defender, other criminal, or the like), you probably want to think about the competition you'd face getting out of law school. You'll lose to the guy/gal from a T14. However, if you've got a plan, a specialization that sets you apart, go for it. You're not getting into a Hedge Fund/Venture Capitalism where you really are playing the track, you're getting into school. School that you can either fuck up or not, but it's on you.

If you've got the plan and you still listen to these assholes you've never seen before who have posted countless times on this website (70... eh, not so bad, 900... you're a loser), you can live your life thinking about what could have been; or you can think about the financial risks (it's a relevant concern) but stick to your goal anyway. That's on you; not me and not them. The Messiah of Doom would be trying to convince you to dive into a hedge fund or a piece of land in northern Mexico. You could win or lose. I've never heard of anybody losing by investing in their education. Then again, Tekrul has met a thousand of them.

Like I said, it's on you.

-The Messiah of Doom

LOL at this guy.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby IAFG » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:04 am

MikeyG10is wrote:My girlfriend was the opposite of me. She was an Ivy League alumna with a master's as well. Much better student but not the experience I have. We both chose where we wanted to go (at separate times because I met her while she was in law school) based on where we want to practice and our families. The best advice she gave me was: "Stay the hell away from these forums."

She probably told you that because she was worried about your dick shriveling up in the cold, harsh light of reality.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby Clearly » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:45 am

OP law school MIGHT be worth it if you can retake, even though you're already a serious splitter, you need to break some 75ths to get looked at.. They're are some super-splitter friendly T14 schools, but we're talking 172 LSAT+ stuff. Northwestern in particular if you have the WE.

Other then that, see if you can get solid scholarships based on your LSAT, and keep costs down.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby jbagelboy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:13 am

I disagree with all the kiddos above in one way: you better write a damn good long addendum and have a medical-related LoR or smthing to boot, because those 20-something Ws will sure as hell not help you. The 2.x is not entirely prohibitive with a 168 -- Minnesota is one solid example if you are okay with maybe missing biglaw and practicing in the twin cities -- but I dont agree that Ws can be ignored in that volume without a compelling narrative (which you have). Applying to law school for you wont be like other k-jds. You'll have to meet with admissions officers, write extra essays, and be very proactive about explaining this.

All that said, no one is completely blocked from law school so long as they have a bachelors degree and an LSAT score. You wont be getting T14, but you could get scholarships to lower T20-T25 with that LSAT. At these schools you will have to place in the top 30-40% of your class.

We may just be strangers on the internet, but were not all bitter ones. Ive had many successes and I predict you could too. But there are tremendous risks, and if the TLS attitude seems extreme and negative at times, it is because law schools are making statements just as extreme and far more dangerous in the opposite direction. As McNamara said, Get the data.

Ti Malice
Posts: 1955
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:55 am

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby Ti Malice » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm

jbagelboy wrote:I disagree with all the kiddos above in one way: you better write a damn good long addendum and have a medical-related LoR or smthing to boot, because those 20-something Ws will sure as hell not help you.


A concise but comprehensive addendum is perfectly sufficient to account for a high number of withdrawals. OP can include a statement that copies of medical records or a statement from a physician are available on request. She sure as hell doesn't need a "medical-related LOR," whatever that would be. It would be nice if, as a 0L, you would stop confidently offering such poor advice. At least offer it with some indication that it's uninformed speculation on your part. The GPA is the killer here -- not the Ws.

but I dont agree that Ws can be ignored in that volume without a compelling narrative (which you have). Applying to law school for you wont be like other k-jds. You'll have to meet with admissions officers, write extra essays, and be very proactive about explaining this.


No one said that OP should "ignore" the Ws in his/her app. But, again, from a position of no actual knowledge, you're offering wrongheaded advice while adopting the voice of someone who's an authority on this stuff. Virtually nothing you said here is correct.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby Crowing » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:15 am

North wrote:
MikeyG10is wrote:Hey lawschoolwondering,
Don't go to law school. What they are assuming correctly is that I do have something lined up and I'm already in the 6 figures. Yes, you two pessimists are right, I may be unusual. Then again, I firmly believe that I'm not THAT unusual. I worked damn hard and it sounds like lawschoolwondering may be as well. If he/she's not, then, well, so be it. I "think" we're being a little melodramatic with the "Messiah of Doom." In fact, I'd like you to find me 1,000 failures because I haven't found them yet. But hey, Tekrul, keep reading your blogs. I take a look at how many posts you've made "70." I can't help but wonder if all 70 or only 90% of them are going around looking for posts like this telling people they should stay away. Did you, Tekrul, have a failure and YOU"RE pissed off about something. Sounds like your buddy cahwc12 hates life enough for the "900" posts he does on this website. Maybe both of you should get together and hate life together.

What I am saying to you, lawschoolwondering, is to weigh what you want to do. Don't get into this thing without having a plan. The idea that my story is 1 out of 1,000 is outrageous but if you get into this thinking you want to be the crowd (i.e. public defender, other criminal, or the like), you probably want to think about the competition you'd face getting out of law school. You'll lose to the guy/gal from a T14. However, if you've got a plan, a specialization that sets you apart, go for it. You're not getting into a Hedge Fund/Venture Capitalism where you really are playing the track, you're getting into school. School that you can either fuck up or not, but it's on you.

If you've got the plan and you still listen to these assholes you've never seen before who have posted countless times on this website (70... eh, not so bad, 900... you're a loser), you can live your life thinking about what could have been; or you can think about the financial risks (it's a relevant concern) but stick to your goal anyway. That's on you; not me and not them. The Messiah of Doom would be trying to convince you to dive into a hedge fund or a piece of land in northern Mexico. You could win or lose. I've never heard of anybody losing by investing in their education. Then again, Tekrul has met a thousand of them.

Like I said, it's on you.

-The Messiah of Doom

LOL at this guy.


Dem ass burgers mang

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:30 am

MikeyG10is wrote:Hey lawschoolwondering,
Don't go to law school. What they are assuming correctly is that I do have something lined up and I'm already in the 6 figures. Yes, you two pessimists are right, I may be unusual. Then again, I firmly believe that I'm not THAT unusual. I worked damn hard and it sounds like lawschoolwondering may be as well. If he/she's not, then, well, so be it. I "think" we're being a little melodramatic with the "Messiah of Doom." In fact, I'd like you to find me 1,000 failures because I haven't found them yet. But hey, Tekrul, keep reading your blogs. I take a look at how many posts you've made "70." I can't help but wonder if all 70 or only 90% of them are going around looking for posts like this telling people they should stay away. Did you, Tekrul, have a failure and YOU"RE pissed off about something. Sounds like your buddy cahwc12 hates life enough for the "900" posts he does on this website. Maybe both of you should get together and hate life together.

What I am saying to you, lawschoolwondering, is to weigh what you want to do. Don't get into this thing without having a plan. The idea that my story is 1 out of 1,000 is outrageous but if you get into this thinking you want to be the crowd (i.e. public defender, other criminal, or the like), you probably want to think about the competition you'd face getting out of law school. You'll lose to the guy/gal from a T14. However, if you've got a plan, a specialization that sets you apart, go for it. You're not getting into a Hedge Fund/Venture Capitalism where you really are playing the track, you're getting into school. School that you can either fuck up or not, but it's on you.

If you've got the plan and you still listen to these assholes you've never seen before who have posted countless times on this website (70... eh, not so bad, 900... you're a loser), you can live your life thinking about what could have been; or you can think about the financial risks (it's a relevant concern) but stick to your goal anyway. That's on you; not me and not them. The Messiah of Doom would be trying to convince you to dive into a hedge fund or a piece of land in northern Mexico. You could win or lose. I've never heard of anybody losing by investing in their education. Then again, Tekrul has met a thousand of them.

Like I said, it's on you.

-The Messiah of Doom

Huh.

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: do I have any chance at all?

Postby PRgradBYU » Tue May 14, 2013 8:27 pm

Crowing wrote:
North wrote:
MikeyG10is wrote:Hey lawschoolwondering,
Don't go to law school. What they are assuming correctly is that I do have something lined up and I'm already in the 6 figures. Yes, you two pessimists are right, I may be unusual. Then again, I firmly believe that I'm not THAT unusual. I worked damn hard and it sounds like lawschoolwondering may be as well. If he/she's not, then, well, so be it. I "think" we're being a little melodramatic with the "Messiah of Doom." In fact, I'd like you to find me 1,000 failures because I haven't found them yet. But hey, Tekrul, keep reading your blogs. I take a look at how many posts you've made "70." I can't help but wonder if all 70 or only 90% of them are going around looking for posts like this telling people they should stay away. Did you, Tekrul, have a failure and YOU"RE pissed off about something. Sounds like your buddy cahwc12 hates life enough for the "900" posts he does on this website. Maybe both of you should get together and hate life together.

What I am saying to you, lawschoolwondering, is to weigh what you want to do. Don't get into this thing without having a plan. The idea that my story is 1 out of 1,000 is outrageous but if you get into this thinking you want to be the crowd (i.e. public defender, other criminal, or the like), you probably want to think about the competition you'd face getting out of law school. You'll lose to the guy/gal from a T14. However, if you've got a plan, a specialization that sets you apart, go for it. You're not getting into a Hedge Fund/Venture Capitalism where you really are playing the track, you're getting into school. School that you can either fuck up or not, but it's on you.

If you've got the plan and you still listen to these assholes you've never seen before who have posted countless times on this website (70... eh, not so bad, 900... you're a loser), you can live your life thinking about what could have been; or you can think about the financial risks (it's a relevant concern) but stick to your goal anyway. That's on you; not me and not them. The Messiah of Doom would be trying to convince you to dive into a hedge fund or a piece of land in northern Mexico. You could win or lose. I've never heard of anybody losing by investing in their education. Then again, Tekrul has met a thousand of them.

Like I said, it's on you.

-The Messiah of Doom

LOL at this guy.


Dem ass burgers mang


I'm not sure how I wound up on this thread, but I just LOL'ed for about two minutes straight after reading this. If MikeyG10is had a bigger vocabulary, I might have confused him with this guy.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chasima, smashbash and 3 guests